HomeTechnical and Equipment

This Category is for those wishing to share technical and equipment information. Please use this arena to solve your technical cruising problems.

Shipping Equipment to the Canaries Tax Free Messages in this topic - RSS

rachelle.turk
Administrator

2/20/2015
rachelle.turk
Administrator
Message from Tim Hammick (thammick0@gmail.com):

I have just shipped a large consignment of boat equipment to Fuerteventura from Cowes.

I was able to order the items, many substantial, from Jolliffe 's Chandlery (Andrew Millband) in Cowes without VAT. Andrew handled all of the items including items from suppliers with which he did not have regular contacts (Fisher Panda for instance) and in many cases passed on his mark-up top me.

These were shipped by Woodside Cargo SL in Fuerteventura, who handled the tax situation and customs at both ends. They helped minimise the Canary Island Tax. They then stored the items in their warehouse until needed.

The company is run by an English couple, so communication is not a problem. They run regular deliveries by container, express deliveries by van, and pet transport both overland and by air.

I was shipping a Genset, Watermaker and a pile of running rigging and deck gear.

The urls are as follows:
http://www.woodsidecargosl.com/
jolliffeschandlery@gmail.com
0 link