HomeCrew Needed and Crew Sought

This category is designed for those seeking crew and and those crew who are seeking passages

Looking for offshore passage, anywhere Messages in this topic - RSS

Simon Currin
Administrator

28 days ago
Simon Currin
Administrator
Jo.Winter wrote:
Hello I have just added a post for a young (age25) Australian friend who is looking to gain experience with sailing. He is intelligent, willing and able, and I would recommend him as a nice person to have on board.
His name is Will Anderson.
will.anderson500@gmail.com;

Jo, Maybe consider applying for an OCC Youth Sponsorship Award? Details and a video about it are on the web.
Simon

--
Simon Currin
S/V Shimshal simon@medex.org.uk
0 link
Jo.Winter

8/21/2017
Jo.Winter
Hello I have just added a post for a young (age25) Australian friend who is looking to gain experience with sailing. He is intelligent, willing and able, and I would recommend him as a nice person to have on board.
His name is Will Anderson.
will.anderson500@gmail.com;
0 link
dkantor

7/17/2017
dkantor
Thanks I'll pass that along and I suspect Nicholas will be in touch.
0 link
thammick

7/15/2017
thammick
Nov 2017 Canneries to Antigua arriving (hopefully) just before Christmas.
Jan 2018 to Mar 2018; Antigua to Colon.
Mar 2018 Transit cannal.
Apr 2018 To Galagagos
May 2018 Galapagos to Marquesas
Jun 2018 to Nov 2018 Tuamatos, Tahiti, Cook Islands Tonga Fuiji to New Zealand

We may be able to take some crew during all or some of this period. It would perhaps suit someone wishing to gain experience.

Apart from my experience outlined above, my partner is an Offshore Yacht Master instructor with many offshore miles.

Please contact me on thammick0@gmail.com
0 link
thammick

7/15/2017
thammick
dkantor wrote:
Just an update on this...my friend Nicholas just completed a passage from Acapulco to LA on an 80' Russian racing sailboat (7-8 crew aboard) so he now has a bit of offshore experience as well.
0 link
dkantor

7/14/2017
dkantor
Just an update on this...my friend Nicholas just completed a passage from Acapulco to LA on an 80' Russian racing sailboat (7-8 crew aboard) so he now has a bit of offshore experience as well.
0 link
tomfb630

6/4/2017
tomfb630
Hi David

Have a look at my post re crew wanted for passage from Azores to UK leaving 3rd week of June.
0 link
dkantor

5/31/2017
dkantor
Daria, many thanks for the thought, but when I say "young", I'm speaking from my advanced frame of reference. He's a bit too old for the Youth Sponsorship. Although I do hope that he makes a qualifying passage and becomes a Member!
0 link
Daria Blackwell

5/29/2017
Daria Blackwell
David, you might direct him to apply for the Youth Sponsorship. They can find a boat for him and provide a bit of assistance.
edited by DariaBlackwell on 5/29/2017

--
Daria Blackwell - Rear Commodore, PR Officer, Editor OCC Digital Comms & Port Officer, West of Ireland s/v Aleria http://www.coastalboating.net
0 link
dkantor

5/29/2017
dkantor
I am posting this on behalf of a young friend and former associate of our business, who has just left our firm and is taking a year off. He very much would like to do an ocean passage, the more exotic the better. He has very little sailing experience. However, I recently (as his "parting gift") took him on a 4 day teaching charter in the Chesapeake where we spent long days working on sail trim, navigation, sailing controls, rules of the road, etc. He is a quick learner, very dedicated, and from this brief introduction he picked things up very quickly. He is exceptionally cordial, extremely conscientious and easy to get along with and, if I were doing a passage myself, or even a coastal delivery, I would have no hesitation in taking him on...in fact I would do so enthusiastically. Happy to supply more details; just email me at davidkantor1@gmail.com

Anyone who is looking for a very congenial crew and does not require a lot of experience, please reply to this post and I will pass on the necessary information.
+1 link