HomeCrew Needed and Crew Sought

This category is designed for those seeking crew and and those crew who are seeking passages

Crew available Messages in this topic - RSS

gcthorpe@xtra.co.nz

17 days ago
Hello Jo... as a result of delaying my departure for 3 weeks from Annapolis to Antigua, I have lost 2 crew members! Need to find someone who is keen to join me and 1 other to sail to Antigua. Planning to leave Annapolis 28/29th November and be in Antigua by 8th December.

Salanjo is a 49 foot Grainger catamaran New Zealand registered. We have sailed her from New Zealand over the last 6 years doing over 40,000 miles in the trip..so far! And cruising along the way through the Pacific, the South China Sea... (we shipped her around Somalia through to Marmaris in the Med) then spent three years cruising the Med, the Black Sea, then up the Portuguese, Spanish coast and a season in the Baltic. (Loved that!) then across the North Sea, through the Caledonian Canal, 3 weeks in the Hebrides, then Iceland, Greenland and into Newfoundland last year. This year we cruised from Newfoundland along the coast of Nova Scotia across the Bay of Fundy, and on the New England coast for a month down through Long Island Sound, the East River into New York, then south and up the Delaware River in to the Chesapeake for a good cruise around that Bay in September. Presently hauled for maintenance at the Georgetown Yacht Basis on the Sassafras River (a tributary of the Chesapeake) and ready to head off to the Caribbean in 3 weeks...

Would you like to join us?

Cheers

Geoff Thorpe
0 link
Sam Coles

9/1/2017
Sam Coles
Hi Will, I am planning a week's cruise in the Ionian part of Greece from 22nd Sept on my Dufour Nautitech 435 catamaran "Ramprasad" and currently have space. Would you be interested? Currently in Nidri in Levkas and planning to haul-out in Preveza on 11th Oct. All the Best from Sam

--
SAColes
0 link
Jo.Winter

8/21/2017
Jo.Winter
My name is Will and I'm from Australia. I've recently successfully completely my studies in law and commerce and am now taking some time off to travel and explore some of my interests. I've spent the last 10 months helping people with their projects in Europe which has so far involved cheese making in Germany, house sitting and renovating a chateau in France and working at a surfing/scuba diving center in Portugal. When I travel I seek to understand an area or country from a local perspective, and I'm drawn to sailing as it allows access to exciting areas less explored.
>
> I'm hoping to get some experience with all aspects of the sailing life and improve my sailing skills. I'm more than happy to help cook, clean and learn how to do all other jobs required.
>
> I'm very flexible with dates and locations (within Europe) in September and the ultimate goal would be to assist on an west to east Atlantic passage when the winds are good in October / November
0 link