HomeCrew Needed and Crew Sought

This category is designed for those seeking crew and and those crew who are seeking passages

Crew position, qualifying passage sort Messages in this topic - RSS

gcthorpe@xtra.co.nz

17 days ago
Hello Stephen. I sent you an email, but think it might be helpful to reply via our OCC website..

Hello Stephen... as a result of delaying my departure for 3 weeks from Annapolis to Antigua, I have lost 2 crew members! Need to find someone who is keen to join me and 1 other to sail to Antigua. Planning to leave Annapolis 28/29th November and be in Antigua by 8th December.
We are a 49 foot Grainger catamaran New Zealand registered. We have sailed her from New Zealand over the last 6 years doing over 40,000 miles in the trip..so far! And cruising along the way through the Pacific, the South China Sea... (we shipped her around Somalia through to Marmaris in the Med) then spent three years cruising the Med, the Black Sea, then up the Portuguese, Spanish coast and a season in the Baltic. (Loved that!) then across the North Sea, through the Caledonian Canal, 3 weeks in the Hebrides, then Iceland, Greenland and into Newfoundland last year. This year we cruised from Newfoundland along the coast of Nova Scotia across the Bay of Fundy, and on the New England coast for a month down through Long Island Sound, the East River into New York, then south and up the Delaware River in to the Chesapeake for a good cruise around that Bay in September. Presently hauled for maintenance at the Georgetown Yacht Basis on the Sassafras River (a tributary of the Chesapeake) and ready to head off to the Caribbean in 3 weeks...
Would you like to join us?
Cheers
Geoff Thorpe
0 link
Stephen Sharp

8/27/2017
Stephen Sharp
Dear All,
I am a recent OCC associate member. As my own yacht will be Baltic based for the next couple of years I would like to find a crew position on a qualifying passage for this winter. Canaries/ Caribbean or similar in November would be ideal. I am a fit 57 year old experienced yacht owner/crew.
OCC references/ resume available.
Contact stephen@thesharps.biz
Regards
Stephen Sharp

--
Sailing, motorbike, walking
0 link