OCC Forums

Brunei Bay Radio Website

https://forum.oceancruisingclub.org/Topic1546.aspx

By DariaBlackwell - 20 Sep 2014

I was just looking at the Cruising Notes page on the OCC website where I can see a listing of radio nets, and also Websites listed with more information.

You might like to add my Brunei Bay Radio website to this list: www.bruneibay.net/bbradio The information there about MRCC contact details in the Pacific and Indian Oceans, SE Asia and around Australia could be useful, along with the material about a communication strategies for yachts operating on this side (Pacific and Indian Oceans and SE Asia) of the world.

Looking through the country listings for places in range of my SailMail and voice services from Brunei Bay Radio, it might be useful to add a link to my website under the Radio and Communication section for all the countries in SE Asia - Brunei, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam, - and the separate states that have listings - Sabah, Sarawak, Kalimantan, Labuan - and adjacent places where our service reaches - Northern Territory, Western Australia, PNG, Guam, FSM, Palau, Taiwan, Japan, Hong Kong, Korea, Cocos-Keeling, Andamans, Sri Lanka, India, Oman (Salalah), Maldives, Chagos, Seychelles, Reunion, Mauritius. We have MRCC information about most of these places (and more) on the website. Although voice comms is not something I 'd like to suggest is terribly effective beyond the SE Asian countries, the (not-for-profit) SailMail service from our equipment here in Brunei certainly does reach all the listed places.

I also have cruising notes for the west coast of Borneo (and especially for Brunei) west coast of Palawan, north and east costs of Sabah, and routes from Sabah via Indonesia to Australia. These could be useful for members considering to explore this region during a circumnavigation.

Best wishes

Allan Riches