OCC Forums

charts and pilot books sought

https://forum.oceancruisingclub.org/Topic4830.aspx

By owenp - 25 Jan 2019

Dear all,

I looking for paper charts covering Brittany , France, west coast morocco from straights of gibraltar to casablanca, French guyana and suriname.
also pilot books imray scilly isles and imray atlantic france.
anyone willing to lend or got some to sell that would be great.

thanks

Peter Owens sy Danú Galway
By DariaBlackwell - 31 Jan 2019

Hi Peter,
Did you get any replies? I am looking for Brittany as well. When are you heading that way? We may be setting off from Spain in June.
Daria
By owenp - 1 Feb 2019

[quote=Daria Blackwell]Hi Peter,
Did you get any replies? I am looking for Brittany as well. When are you heading that way? We may be setting off from Spain in June.
Daria[/quote]
By owenp - 1 Feb 2019

Hi Daria,

no replies at all ! looking like i will have to bite the bullet and pay for the cmaps ! heading south from kinvara mid june , making way to france via scilly isles and falmouth .

Peter
By Bethbone - 7 Mar 2019

Hi Peter,

Rather than c-maps have you thought about Open CPN charts. They are fantastic value.

Beth Bushnell, s/y Splinters Apprentice
By johnc - 19 Mar 2019

Hi PETER
This is helpful and not ... could help with Brittany and Scilly pilot books but both are on board ... we are currently in Bahamas heading to Azores in May/June ... so not helpful. We also came from Suriname at the end of last year so can provide up to date advice ... we are in the members handbook so email us directly and w can exchange when we know. We did not have paper charts for the north coast of Brazil and Suriname relying on passage charts navionics and our Garmin plotter,
John and sue chadwick
SY Dandelion
By owenp - 11 Apr 2019

[quote=johnc]Hi PETER
This is helpful and not ... could help with Brittany and Scilly pilot books but both are on board ... we are currently in Bahamas heading to Azores in May/June ... so not helpful. We also came from Suriname at the end of last year so can provide up to date advice ... we are in the members handbook so email us directly and w can exchange when we know. We did not have paper charts for the north coast of Brazil and Suriname relying on passage charts navionics and our Garmin plotter,
John and sue chadwick
SY Dandelion[/quote]
By owenp - 11 Apr 2019

Hi John,

just reading your message now, would very much like to talk to you regarding surniname , will send you an email.
thanks for offer of pilots , but got that sorted.

all the best

Peter