OCC Forums

Ramprasad sails West from Turkey

https://forum.oceancruisingclub.org/Topic5049.aspx

By SAColes - 27 Apr 2019

The sailing catamaran Ramprasad will be launching soon in Turkey and sailing West through the Mediterranean - many interesting stops in this historic sea - and then later on out into and across the Atlantic. Crewing places available on a cost-sharing basis. Please apply soon to avoid disappointment.
By davidbains - 1 May 2019

Hi Sam, I'd love to join you for the Atlantic crossing.
I thought you were headed down the Red Sea!
Could join you in the Canaries. Are you considering a stop in the Cape Verdes?
More than happy to pay my way.
David.
By SAColes - 1 May 2019

David BAINS - 5/1/2019
David.

Hi David,
   Yes I have been put off Suez and Red Sea by Insurance and Egypt's reputation so decided to head West instead. Yes you would be VERY welcome for the Atlantic trip which would very likely include a stop in the Cape Verdes.  I am thinking of putting in a stop somewhere in Southern Spain mid-late summer - not completely sure if the Atlantic trip will be this year or next - but I shall keep you in the loop (so to speak).  Launched today from a boatyard that I cannot really recommend for multi-hulls (Locaturk Denizcilik, Bozburun) since they are still learning how to move them - OK for big turkish gulets and monohull yachts - they know how to do them - budget boatyard => budget service - no regular water supply - washed the dust off the deck with seawater today - at least it is raining a bit now to wash some of the salt off. All the Best  Sam
By davidbains - 1 May 2019

Sam Coles - 5/1/2019
David BAINS - 5/1/2019
David.

Hi David,
   Yes I have been put off Suez and Red Sea by Insurance and Egypt's reputation so decided to head West instead. Yes you would be VERY welcome for the Atlantic trip which would very likely include a stop in the Cape Verdes.  I am thinking of putting in a stop somewhere in Southern Spain mid-late summer - not completely sure if the Atlantic trip will be this year or next - but I shall keep you in the loop (so to speak).  Launched today from a boatyard that I cannot really recommend for multi-hulls (Locaturk Denizcilik, Bozburun) since they are still learning how to move them - OK for big turkish gulets and monohull yachts - they know how to do them - budget boatyard => budget service - no regular water supply - washed the dust off the deck with seawater today - at least it is raining a bit now to wash some of the salt off. All the Best  Sam

Thnks Sam, I've been an associate for an embarrassingly long time!
AB will launch in Portimao from Rosa Cabral and Soares yard in early June.
They have a 9mtr wide travelhoist! I'll keep in touch as you head west. David.