OCC Forums

Sail Repairs needed in Providenciales, Turks and Caicos

https://forum.oceancruisingclub.org/Topic6268.aspx

By John.Morfit - 7 Dec 2020

I have a friend in need of sail repairs - they are diverting into Providenciales in the Turks and Caicos. Anyone know any sail lofts or marinas that do repairs?
Thanks!

By Dick - 7 Dec 2020

John Morfit - 7 Dec 2020
I have a friend in need of sail repairs - they are diverting into Providenciales in the Turks and Caicos. Anyone know any sail lofts or marinas that do repairs?
Thanks!

From memory, there is not a large recreational sailboat presence in T&C, but there is a marina/boat yard in town that would answer the question when they get there and is the likely place they will stay. If no sailmaker, most sail repairs can be done by a canvas/awning person or anyone with a robust machine.

Let us know how what they find out, My best, Dick Stevenson, s/v Alchemy.  
By John.Morfit - 7 Dec 2020

Dick - 7 Dec 2020
John Morfit - 7 Dec 2020
Thanks!

From memory, there is not a large recreational sailboat presence in T&C, but there is a marina/boat yard in town that would answer the question when they get there and is the likely place they will stay. If no sailmaker, most sail repairs can be done by a canvas/awning person or anyone with a robust machine.

Let us know how what they find out, My best, Dick Stevenson, s/v Alchemy.  

Yes, there are half a dozen marinas in Providenciales and if we cannot suggest anything better, they'll be asking the locals.
Thanks!