OCC Forums

Haul out recommendations in French Polynesia

https://forum.oceancruisingclub.org/Topic7454.aspx

By simoncurrin - 2 Mar 2023

We are stating to plan our 2024 season and are seeking advice about haul out and store ashore options in French Polynesia. I have sent an enquiry to Marina Taina thus far but keen to explore all options.
Simon
By bwallace - 6 Mar 2023

Simon Currin - 2 Mar 2023
We are stating to plan our 2024 season and are seeking advice about haul out and store ashore options in French Polynesia. I have sent an enquiry to Marina Taina thus far but keen to explore all options.
Simon

Hi Simon and Sally,

A few years ago we hauled Darramy out in Raiatea. There are two yards there. CTI and le Carinage.  I think there is a length limit in CTI, and the haul out equipment at Le Carinage was primitive, but worked. They did struggle with our 2.3 metre draught. I recall another yard in the Tuamotos which you can Google.

Sail safe

Brian

By simoncurrin - 8 Mar 2023

Thank Brian I will follow up on this and other leads sent to me by email.
Simon
bwallace - 6 Mar 2023
Simon

Hi Simon and Sally,

A few years ago we hauled Darramy out in Raiatea. There are two yards there. CTI and le Carinage.  I think there is a length limit in CTI, and the haul out equipment at Le Carinage was primitive, but worked. They did struggle with our 2.3 metre draught. I recall another yard in the Tuamotos which you can Google.

Sail safe

Brian

By simoncurrin - 10 Mar 2023

I asked our insurers so saiid they would be able to provide cover for storage at the following:

Raiatea: Chantier Naval de Iles sous le Vent – www.cnislv.com/en
Tonga: The Boatyard, Vava’u - www.boatyardvavau.com
Fiji: Vuda Point - www.vudamarina.com.fj/yachting/cyclone-storage
Vanuatu: Port Vila – www.portvilaboatyard.com
New Caledonia: Nouville Plaisance - www.nouville-plaisance.nc/index.php/en/home/technical-port/nouville-plaisance/127

If you wish to be out of the cyclone belt, you may wish to consider the following:

Apataki Carenage - www.apatakicarenage.com

Simon Currin - 8 Mar 2023
Thank Brian I will follow up on this and other leads sent to me by email.
Simon
bwallace - 6 Mar 2023
Simon

Hi Simon and Sally,

Sail safe

Brian

By Sonia.Johal - 10 Mar 2023

Thanks Simon,

Please may I ask who is your insurance provider?

All the best for your storage

Fair winds,

Sonia
SY Salacia
By simoncurrin - 11 Mar 2023

We are currently insured with Admiral Marine.
By Sonia.Johal - 11 Mar 2023

Thanks again ⛵️