our Boat

Author
trevbeck
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: Past Members
Our boat is a Moody 33 Mk1
We live aboard and have done so for the last 6 years while learning to sail.
We are a centre cockpit, Cutter rigged sloop.
Hull number 14 launched 1975.
We have while doing our circumnavigation of the UK anticlockwise, over the top, been fitting her out for our trip back home to NZ. Our shakedown cruise is over to the Baltic 2016.
Final adjustments made after that in Plymouth then off back home via USA, Canada, Panama, Pacific NZ.
Attachments
20150615_174529.jpg (376 views, 38.00 KB)
20150615_174504.jpg (376 views, 41.00 KB)
Daria Blackwell
Daria Blackwell
I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)
Group: Administrators
Welcome!

Vice Commodore, OCC 
Trevor.Martin
Trevor.Martin
New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
trevbeck - 3 Aug 2015
Our boat is a Moody 33 Mk1 We live aboard and have done so for the last 6 years while learning to sail. We are a centre cockpit, Cutter rigged sloop. Hull number 14 launched 1975. We have while doing our circumnavigation of the UK anticlockwise, over the top, been fitting her out for our trip back home to NZ. Our shakedown cruise is over to the Baltic 2016. Final adjustments made after that in Plymouth then off back home via USA, Canada, Panama, Pacific trevbeck 

Now in Martinique  heading for Panama and the Pacific same boat just fully equipped.

Dick
Dick
Forum Expert (894 reputation)Forum Expert (894 reputation)Forum Expert (894 reputation)Forum Expert (894 reputation)Forum Expert (894 reputation)Forum Expert (894 reputation)Forum Expert (894 reputation)Forum Expert (894 reputation)Forum Expert (894 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Trevor.Martin - 13 Feb 2023
trevbeck - 3 Aug 2015
Our boat is a Moody 33 Mk1 We live aboard and have done so for the last 6 years while learning to sail. We are a centre cockpit, Cutter rigged sloop. Hull number 14 launched 1975. We have while doing our circumnavigation of the UK anticlockwise, over the top, been fitting her out for our trip back home to NZ. Our shakedown cruise is over to the Baltic 2016. Final adjustments made after that in Plymouth then off back home via USA, Canada, Panama, Pacific trevbeck 

Now in Martinique  heading for Panama and the Pacific same boat just fully equipped.

Hi Trevor,
Thanks for staying in touch.
In validation of your preparation of sailing around the UK: years ago, I was with a couple of skippers: One had recently completed a circumnavigation, and the other had just cn’d the UK.
I commented that the skipper who had cn’d the UK might have faced more challenges in navigation, currents, weather/wind extremes, etc than the skipper who had cn’d the world. The skipper who had cn’d the world readily agreed.
You will have a chance to report back on the above: first hand for both, which I would interested in learning.
Please continue safe sailing.
Thanks, Dick Stevenson, s/v Alchemy

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search