Cruisers in Belize for scientific research!

Author
Daria Blackwell
I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)
Group: Administrators
If you would like to support scientific research and are sailing in Belize in early 2016, please contact Teresa Carey. Teresa is the director of Hello Ocean, a project that is working with scientist Eric Ramos to map the abundance and distribution of whales and dolphins in the coastal waters of Belize. They will be conducting daily research transects in late winter/early spring. Because underwater microphones are used,

sailboats are the ideal vessel for this research. The expenses associated with these research transects will be covered, and possibly a small payment offered. You can participate in the research, or just be along for the ride. If you love dolphins and want to support a healthy ocean, please contact Teresa. teresacarey003 at gmail dot com.

Vice Commodore, OCC 
bennybayman (Past OCC Member)
bennybayman
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: Past Members
Hi folks we are still actively looking for a vessel to work with on this exciting dolphin research. this will be a great reason to be in Belize and explore some of the outer reef areas near Turneffe. Please see our latest blog post on the research needs.

http://helloocean.org/opportunity-for-cruising-sailors-in-belize/
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search