From SAMET GOLGECI
New amendments to the Foreigners and International Protection Law No. 6458 where added on August 13th 2016.
The amendments to the law now mean the following changes have happened:
· Short term residence permits now allow you to stay in Turkey for up to 2 years instead of just 1.
· Family residence permits have also been extended under the new amendments which now means they are granted for up to 3 years instead of the previous maximum of 2 years.
· Foreign national investors (this includes dependants) and the KKTC are now being granted short term residence permits for up to 5 years.
· Under the new amendments the 24 hour weekly limit for working undergraduate students have now been removed.
· Changes to the amendments also been that the 120 day limit for short term residence permits have also been removed (According to the migration dept. this only applies for permits issued after the 13th August 2016)
· And finally the 180 day limit for family residence permits have also been removed (According to the migration dept. this again only applies for permits issued after the 13th August 2016)
Read the rest of the changes on this link: http://ow.ly/U3we304pCVc
Vice Commodore, OCC