YSP Crew Available

Author
shpeck
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Skippers who may be interested in taking an OCC Youth Sponsorship Programme please be in contact with the Coordinator Shaun Peck

Charlotte Butterworth (aged 20)

Sailing Experience: I sail each year with The Ellen McArthur Trust – a charity that introduces water sports to young people who have overcome Cancer. This has boosted my confidence and encouraged me to pursue sailing as a hobby, which I now enjoy with my family. I competed in the Round the Island Race in 2014 and many other week long trips over the past 9 years. Being part of a skilled crew and learning more about sailing has made these trips an invaluable experience. This Easter I attended a graduate training course where I successfully completed my competent crew qualification and I am looking forward to volunteering as a leader this summer to share my love of sailing as well as enabling more young people to benefit from being part of such an inspirational organization.
Personal Statement: Undertaking this opportunity to become a more competent sailor I believe will not only increase my passion for the sport but enable me to be a more useful crew member on future trips with the trust at the benefit of the young people that we work with.
I have always wanted to have the opportunity to gain water experience outside of British waters in order to increase my confidence and understanding of long distance voyages and feel this is the perfect time to do so.
Having spent a gap year as a chef in a ski chalet I have learnt that extreme sports are my passion. Coming to appreciate the importance of effective teamwork and communication in order to utilise time effectively over the season is a skill I would bring with me on the voyage as well (as the ability to cook delicious meals after a long day on the water!) Being thrown in the deep end as head chef for 40 guests taught me to think on my feet get stuck in wherever I was needed.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search