Our Fleet Tracker is currently going strong with 750 boats registered (Sep-19) and more joining every week. To include your boat in the Fleet Tracker please ensure your MMSI is registered with www.marinetraffic.com.
Take a look at where the current registered boats are: https://oceancruisingclub.org/Fleet-Map
How it works.
There are three alternative methods to enable position reporting for your vessel. These are listed online here and below:
1. By AIS transponder. The vessel's transponder should be active and transmitting her signal. As soon as one of Marine Traffic’s antennas collects her signal, a record of the Vessel will be automatically created in their database.
2. By using the OnCourse: Android or iOS self-reporting app. Download the App and follow the instructions to open Marinetraffic.com account. The App sits on your smartphone and uses the phone's GPS to post the position. It will work anywhere there is a 3G or 4G Mobile data signal and your phone is switched on.
3. By Emails. This too requires a Marinetraffic.com account and this needs to be associated with your boat's MMSI number. Positions can then be sent in from anywhere where you have access to email provided you are using the email account that you used to register your Marrinetraffic.com account.
How to email a position report to the OCC Map:
1. Open an marinetraffic.com account and then register you boat and MMSI. Ideally upload a photo too.
3. Email your boat’s position to firstname.lastname@example.org
but you MUST use the following format:
Latitude and Longitude should be in decimal degrees. Negative values for South or West coordinates. Speed in knots. Timestamp in UTC
You can find more details online here: https://help.marinetraffic.com/hc/en-us/sections/200726627-Report-Your-Own-Position
Rachelle Turk - Club Secretarysecretary@oceancruisingclub.org