OCC Fleet Tracker

Author
rachelle.turk
I'm into this (356 reputation)I'm into this (356 reputation)I'm into this (356 reputation)I'm into this (356 reputation)I'm into this (356 reputation)I'm into this (356 reputation)I'm into this (356 reputation)I'm into this (356 reputation)I'm into this (356 reputation)
Group: Administrators
Our Fleet Tracker is currently going strong with 750 boats registered (Sep-19) and more joining every week. To include your boat in the Fleet Tracker please ensure your MMSI is registered with www.marinetraffic.com.

Take a look at where the current registered boats are: https://oceancruisingclub.org/Fleet-Map

How it works.
There are three alternative methods to enable position reporting for your vessel. These are listed online here and below:

1. By AIS transponder. The vessel's transponder should be active and transmitting her signal. As soon as one of Marine Traffic’s antennas collects her signal, a record of the Vessel will be automatically created in their database.

2. By using the OnCourse: Android or iOS self-reporting app. Download the App and follow the instructions to open Marinetraffic.com account. The App sits on your smartphone and uses the phone's GPS to post the position. It will work anywhere there is a 3G or 4G Mobile data signal and your phone is switched on.

3. By Emails. This too requires a Marinetraffic.com account and this needs to be associated with your boat's MMSI number. Positions can then be sent in from anywhere where you have access to email provided you are using the email account that you used to register your Marrinetraffic.com account.

How to email a position report to the OCC Map:

1. Open an marinetraffic.com account and then register you boat and MMSI. Ideally upload a photo too.

3. Email your boat’s position to report@marinetraffic.com but you MUST use the following format:

MMSI=235027206
LAT=56.21915
LON=-5.548925
SPEED=0.1
COURSE=236
TIMESTAMP=2015-06-15 08:31

Latitude and Longitude should be in decimal degrees. Negative values for South or West coordinates. Speed in knots. Timestamp in UTC

You can find more details online here: https://help.marinetraffic.com/hc/en-us/sections/200726627-Report-Your-Own-Position

Rachelle Turk - Club Secretary
secretary@oceancruisingclub.org

Gavin.French
Gavin.French
New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I must be don't something wrong, if you can advise? 

Each time i try to view the fleet map i go to the page but just get a blank section, no map?

Thanks so much,

Gavin
Attachments
Screenshot_20191121-065227.jpg (693 views, 138.00 KB)
rachelle.turk
rachelle.turk
I'm into this (356 reputation)I'm into this (356 reputation)I'm into this (356 reputation)I'm into this (356 reputation)I'm into this (356 reputation)I'm into this (356 reputation)I'm into this (356 reputation)I'm into this (356 reputation)I'm into this (356 reputation)

Hi Gavin,
I've tested the page and it is working correctly so you must have a localised problem.  I suspect your security settings are blocking the pop-up.  Have a play with the settings and see if you can fix this.  Perhaps try on a different device with different settings?
Regards,
Rachelle
Simon Currin
Simon Currin
Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)
Gavin
Your browser is probably set to block third party websites. If you enable this the the iFrame view of the filtered MarineTraffic website will work.
Simon
Geir Ove Bø
Geir Ove Bø
New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)
i can easy se our boat on MT,  but i dont show on fleet map,  what do i need to do ?  
Simon Currin
Simon Currin
Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)
Geir Ove Bø - 5/5/2020
i can easy se our boat on MT,  but i dont show on fleet map,  what do i need to do ?
Geir, I just added you to the fleet map (in Eggersund)

Geir Ove Bø
Geir Ove Bø
New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)
Simon Currin - 5/5/2020
Geir Ove Bø - 5/5/2020
Geir, I just added you to the fleet map (in Eggersund)

rachelle.turk
rachelle.turk
Hi Geir Ove, I added Careka to the Fleet Map and can see her in Egersund.  You may need to re-scale the map to show Norway.

Rachelle

Geir Ove Bø
Geir Ove Bø
rachelle.turk - 5/6/2020
Hi Geir Ove, I added Careka to the Fleet Map and can see her in Egersund.  You may need to re-scale the map to show Norway.

Rachelle
Yes. i se it now,  thanks.

tomfb630
tomfb630
New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)
Hi Rachel

I have 'Bonny' registered on Marine Traffic with her MMSI but she does not appear in the OCC fleet map. I assume there is something else i need to do on the OCC site but not sure what. Can you advise? Currently in Ponta Delgada, Sao Miguel, Azores. Thanks. Tom.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search