Are you a Digital Nomad?

Author
Daria Blackwell
I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)
Group: Administrators
I've just written a blog post about the movement toward working remotely while travelling. It's interesting that there's a cruise ship hosting a conference for digital nomads to learn and network while crossing the Atlantic. One of the difficulties for those working remotely is connecting with colleagues to share ideas and refresh thinking. If you are a digital nomad working from your boat, what do you do to stay in touch with what's new in your business and invigorate your thinking?

https://aleriasadventures.blogspot.com/2019/12/digital-nomads.html  

Vice Commodore, OCC 
Bill.Heaton
Bill.Heaton
New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Daria Blackwell - 12/27/2019
I've just written a blog post about the movement toward working remotely while travelling. It's interesting that there's a cruise ship hosting a conference for digital nomads to learn and network while crossing the Atlantic. One of the difficulties for those working remotely is connecting with colleagues to share ideas and refresh thinking. If you are a digital nomad working from your boat, what do you do to stay in touch with what's new in your business and invigorate your thinking?

My wife and I are embarking on the digital nomad journey. We both worked as CPA's on Wall Street but wanted a change after over a decade of the NYC grind. We looked into remote accounting work but felt that the continuous connectivity would be a challenge with our sailing schedule (we seem to be constantly on the move :) ). We started a YouTube channel which is growing well and has started to produce some income for us. We are enjoying the flexibility of video creation although it leaves us often on the hunt for wifi and mobile data plans ;)

We don't have colleagues per se, however we do find ourselves collaborating and engaging with other video creators routinely. Almost all communications with other creators takes place through social media, Instagram, Facebook, etc. Google drive is used to swap footage back and forth. Among our peers Instagram has almost become like an SSB net. We usually "know" other sailors upon entering a foreign port and it is an easy way to keep tabs on your friends. 

Bill Heaton
Daria Blackwell
Daria Blackwell
I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)
Group: Administrators
Bill.Heaton - 12/27/2019

My wife and I are embarking on the digital nomad journey. We both worked as CPA's on Wall Street but wanted a change after over a decade of the NYC grind. We looked into remote accounting work but felt that the continuous connectivity would be a challenge with our sailing schedule (we seem to be constantly on the move :) ). We started a YouTube channel which is growing well and has started to produce some income for us. We are enjoying the flexibility of video creation although it leaves us often on the hunt for wifi and mobile data plans ;)

We don't have colleagues per se, however we do find ourselves collaborating and engaging with other video creators routinely. Almost all communications with other creators takes place through social media, Instagram, Facebook, etc. Google drive is used to swap footage back and forth. Among our peers Instagram has almost become like an SSB net. We usually "know" other sailors upon entering a foreign port and it is an easy way to keep tabs on your friends. 

Bill Heaton

What's your Youtube channel, Bill?

Vice Commodore, OCC 
Bill.Heaton
Bill.Heaton
New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Daria Blackwell - 12/28/2019
Bill.Heaton - 12/27/2019

Bill Heaton

Daria Blackwell - 12/28/2019
Bill.Heaton - 12/27/2019

Bill Heaton

Thanks Daria - the link to our channel is: 

https://www.youtube.com/c/calicoskiessailing
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search