Reporting position by Email

Author
Neill.Hogarth
New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
A quick follow up question.
Is the email reporting still working for everyone?

It appears that all reference to self reporting by email has been removed from their web pages.
I seem to remember that the Russians hacked them to create a huge "Z" of ships. Maybe that is true and the option is now dead.

Anyone have any information.
Thank you (as always)
Neill
Simon Currin
Simon Currin
Forum Expert (616 reputation)Forum Expert (616 reputation)Forum Expert (616 reputation)Forum Expert (616 reputation)Forum Expert (616 reputation)Forum Expert (616 reputation)Forum Expert (616 reputation)Forum Expert (616 reputation)Forum Expert (616 reputation)
Group: Administrators
Neil
We now have our own in-house occ position reporting by email (via the occ app) or by multiple tracker devices ( details are on the website). You are right, MarineTraffic have discontinued email reporting but I think their OnCourse App still works.
Simon

Neill.Hogarth - 4 Jul 2023
A quick follow up question.
Is the email reporting still working for everyone?

It appears that all reference to self reporting by email has been removed from their web pages.
I seem to remember that the Russians hacked them to create a huge "Z" of ships. Maybe that is true and the option is now dead.

Anyone have any information.
Thank you (as always)
Neill

Neill.Hogarth
Neill.Hogarth
New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thank you Simon for confirming what I thought.
Good that we installed an AIS transmitter last week.

If any one is reading this thread then I just want to suggest that you do not waste time self reporting to Marine Traffic via Email . It no longer works.

We have self reported to the Fleet Map and that has always been successful.
It also appears that the Fleet Map is receiving our AIS position from some where as it has us south of Fraser Island which was true a few days ago.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search