Cocktails, Alcoholic/Non-Alcoholic Drinks

Author
fgrennie
New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
White Christmas

1oz Stoli Vanil Vodka
1/2oz Godiva white chocolate liquor
1/2oz Peppermint Schnapps

Combine in a jug with ice, strain into martini glasses

1oz = 2 tablespoons or 30ml
fgrennie
fgrennie
New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)
Golden Angel

25fl oz pure apple juice
10 oz bottle dry ginger ale
lemon or orange rind
Glaze cherries

Combine the chilled apple juice and dry ginger in a jug. Pour into cocktail glasses adding a twist of lemon or orange rind to each glass and 2 cherries on a cocktail stick.

Serves 12
fgrennie
fgrennie
Jamaican Winter Punch

1 cinnamon stick
1 whole nutmeg
1 tsp aallspice berries
12 tbsp sugar
150ml dark rum
600ml unsweetened orange juice
250ml water
juice from 3 lemons
ice
lemon and orange slices for decoration

Put the cinnamon stick, nutmeg and allspice into a strong plastic bag and smash with a mallet.
Tip the spices into a pan and heat to the point of smoking then remove it from the heat to cool for 5 min. Add the water and sugar and return to the heat and simmer for 5 min.
Strain into a bowl using either a piece of muslin or coffee filter paper.
Pour into a jug and add the rum, orange and lemon juice, add plenty of ice and slices of fruit.
fgrennie
fgrennie
Berry Xmas Punch

1.5 ltr Ocean Spray raspberry,cranberry juice
2 bottles sparkling white wine
1/2 cup Cointreau
2 limes quartered
250g strawberries halved
150g blueberries
120g raspberries

Add all the ingredients together and use your hands to squeeze some of the limes and stir

For non-alcoholic version just omit the alcohol and use another carton of juice.
fgrennie
fgrennie
Ginger & Lemon Hot Toddy (serves 4)

2" piece of ginger
2 sticks lemon grass
2 lemons
4 Tablespoon of runny honey
4 shots whisky

Peel and finely slice ginger lengthwise. Cut the lemon grass in half lengthwise. Slice lemons in half and trim a length of zest from around each lemon half and juice the remainder.
Gently tie each piece of zest in a knot.
In heat proof glasses divide the ginger, lemon grass, lemon juice, zest and honey and top with boiling water, mix and leave to steep for 5 min. Add a shot of whisky to each glass

Tastes just as good without the whisky
Daria Blackwell
Daria Blackwell
I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)
Group: Administrators
Here 's a link to our Top 10 Sunset Cocktail recipes.
http://www.coastalboating.net/Features/TopTen/Top10SunsetCocktails.html

Happy Hooking!

PS In place of Myer 's Dark Rum, try my brother-in-law 's new Jamaican rum (Blackwell Rum) if you can find it. http://www.blackwellrum.com/ It 's wicked good.

Vice Commodore, OCC 
fgrennie
fgrennie
Rumtopf (cruising version)

Surplus fruit
White Spirit (Gin, Vodka, Bacardi)

Keep a large tightly covered jar?container in a dark place. (I use an empty 2 ltr Cola Bottle). Whenever there is surplus or old fruit chop it up roughly and add to the bottle. Sprinkle a little sugar over the top and just cover with white spirit. Keep doing this until container is full and leave for as long as possible (3 - 6 weeks).

When you arrive at your destination drain liquid into a glass and congratulate yourself on having made it.
fgrennie
fgrennie
Lemonade

4 Lemons
4 tbsp sugar
2 pints of water

Cut very thin slices of peel (no pith) from the lemons, boil with the sugar and water for 1 minute, stirring. Cool. Meanwhile, squeeze and strain the juice from the lemons and then strain the sweetened lemon water over the juice. Chill then serve
fgrennie
fgrennie
Gingered Rum Punch Serves 4

juice of 4 oranges
1 tsp powdered ginger
4 dessertspoon clear honey
2 fl oz rum
4 cinnamon sticks

Heat 3/4 pint of water with the orange juice until almost boiling. Place the ginger and honey in a heatproof jug and add the rum. Pour the hot orange juice into the jug and stir well.

Transfer the punch into 4 heatproof glasses and add a cinnamon stick to each glass
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search