International Certificate of vaccination (Yellow Booklet)

Author
martintsmith@aol.com
Junior Member (55 reputation)Junior Member (55 reputation)Junior Member (55 reputation)Junior Member (55 reputation)Junior Member (55 reputation)Junior Member (55 reputation)Junior Member (55 reputation)Junior Member (55 reputation)Junior Member (55 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
At the virtual A G M some members reported getting the above certificate signed following a Covid vaccination and finding it accepted abroad.
I have just had my second jab at my local surgery here in Wales but the nurse carrying it out decline to sign my certificate saying they had not been told to do so.
I have been given a record card but it doesn't look so 'official' as the yellow booklet.
What has been the experience of other U K members?
Martin (Chardonnay of Solent)
Neill.Hogarth
Neill.Hogarth
New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)
At the virtual A G M some members reported getting the above certificate signed following a Covid vaccination and finding it accepted abroad.
I have just had my second jab at my local surgery here in Wales but the nurse carrying it out decline to sign my certificate saying they had not been told to do so.
I have been given a record card but it doesn't look so 'official' as the yellow booklet.

Hello Martin,
I was one of those who reported having my international certificate signed. But that was in Tahiti. Simon mentioned that it was unlikely to happen in the UK.
Neill
Karen.Bradshaw
Karen.Bradshaw
New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)
How do you obtain the yellow booklet ? Due my second vaccine and would like to try and get it signed.
Simon Currin
Simon Currin
Forum Expert (615 reputation)Forum Expert (615 reputation)Forum Expert (615 reputation)Forum Expert (615 reputation)Forum Expert (615 reputation)Forum Expert (615 reputation)Forum Expert (615 reputation)Forum Expert (615 reputation)Forum Expert (615 reputation)
Group: Administrators
Neil
The NHS App has been adopted as proof of vaccination in England. In Wales a a system has been set up to request confirmation via a .Gov website - this results in a letter arriving a week later.
Simon

Neill.Hogarth - 29 May 2021

Hello Martin,
I was one of those who reported having my international certificate signed. But that was in Tahiti. Simon mentioned that it was unlikely to happen in the UK.
Neill

martintsmith@aol.com
martintsmith@aol.com
Junior Member (55 reputation)Junior Member (55 reputation)Junior Member (55 reputation)Junior Member (55 reputation)Junior Member (55 reputation)Junior Member (55 reputation)Junior Member (55 reputation)Junior Member (55 reputation)Junior Member (55 reputation)
Thanks for that information Simon,
I have just checked on the Welsh Government site and it says people from Wales will be able to use the NHS app as proof of vaccination 'soon'.

Martin
Daria Blackwell
Daria Blackwell
I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)
I received a vaccination card and asked to have my yellow booklet signed. They had never seen it before so everyone was coming over to see it and thought it was a great idea. I have multiple vaccinations documented as were planning to sail the world.

Europe is adopting an electronic app that will document three things:
- Vaccination doses and with which vaccine
- PCR test results
- Prior infection
It will use a QR code that will be read at airports and other establishments. It is considered a Digital Covid Certificate.
https://ec.europa.eu/info/live-work-travel-eu/coronavirus-response/safe-covid-19-vaccines-europeans/eu-digital-covid-certificate_en

Vice Commodore, OCC 
Daria Blackwell
Daria Blackwell
I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)
Karen.Bradshaw - 29 May 2021
How do you obtain the yellow booklet ? Due my second vaccine and would like to try and get it signed.

It's a yellow fever certificate of vaccination. You get it when you get vaccinated against yellow fever. But it also has space for a permanent record of other vaccinations. It's great because I didn't remember that I had been vaccinated against rabies. And it specifies which manufacturers vaccines you received. 

Vice Commodore, OCC 
Neill.Hogarth
Neill.Hogarth
New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)
Daria Blackwell - 16 Jun 2021
Karen.Bradshaw - 29 May 2021

It's a yellow fever certificate of vaccination. You get it when you get vaccinated against yellow fever. But it also has space for a permanent record of other vaccinations. It's great because I didn't remember that I had been vaccinated against rabies. And it specifies which manufacturers vaccines you received. 

You can read about it here.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Certificate_of_Vaccination_or_Prophylaxis
It is an internationally recognized document created by the WHO. All vaccinations can/should be noted. Various countries require it when you arrive. I know we had to show them in Ecuador.
Of course you could make a fake but that is also true for ships papers, certificates of competence and insurance and so on.

I look forward to the EU digital certificate but will not be destroying my "yellow book"

Neill

Simon Currin
Simon Currin
Forum Expert (615 reputation)Forum Expert (615 reputation)Forum Expert (615 reputation)Forum Expert (615 reputation)Forum Expert (615 reputation)Forum Expert (615 reputation)Forum Expert (615 reputation)Forum Expert (615 reputation)Forum Expert (615 reputation)
Thanks for that information Simon,
I have just checked on the Welsh Government site and it says people from Wales will be able to use the NHS app as proof of vaccination 'soon'.

Martin

Martin,
Welsh Government decided not to use the NHS App for COVID proof in the end but they have put the whole process online. I just downloaded my COVID Pass using this link: https://gov.wales/get-nhs-covid-pass-show-your-vaccination-status-travel. 
Simon
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search