NWP/Arctic crew position wanted

Author
Chuck.Shuster
New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi all-  I'm a new member to OCC, an experienced sailor and commercial fisherman and I am seeking a crew position in summer of 2023 for part of a Northwest Passage effort or perhaps  a non-NWP voyage in/near the ice.  I'm in logistical planning for my own west to east NWP effort in 2024, and I'd like to gain more experience before then.  My window of availability is from June 25- August 10. I realize this limits me to leg one of an approach from the west- perhaps Nome to Tuk, or from UK to Greenland or Pond Inlet from the east.  I'm very open to variations on these ideas- but unfortunately my time window is restricted as stated.  I'm happy to fund my own travel to and from your vessel.  If you have any ideas or interest please reach out and I would be pleased to talk with you and answer any of your questions.   Thank you!   Chuck Shuster  s/v Tika     charlesshuster@gmail.com
chris.kemp
chris.kemp
New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)
Chuck.Shuster - 29 Mar 2023
Hi all-  I'm a new member to OCC, an experienced sailor and commercial fisherman and I am seeking a crew position in summer of 2023 for part of a Northwest Passage effort or perhaps  a non-NWP voyage in/near the ice.  I'm in logistical planning for my own west to east NWP effort in 2024, and I'd like to gain more experience before then.  My window of availability is from June 25- August 10. I realize this limits me to leg one of an approach from the west- perhaps Nome to Tuk, or from UK to Greenland or Pond Inlet from the east.  I'm very open to variations on these ideas- but unfortunately my time window is restricted as stated.  I'm happy to fund my own travel to and from your vessel.  If you have any ideas or interest please reach out and I would be pleased to talk with you and answer any of your questions.   Thank you!   Chuck Shuster  s/v Tika     charlesshuster@gmail.com

chris.kemp
chris.kemp
chris.kemp - 26 May 2023
Chuck.Shuster - 29 Mar 2023

Hi Chuck, not sure whether this will suit your plans, but due to a very recent crew injury we are looking for crew to join us in a passage to Northern Norway.  We are planning to depart the UK at the beginning of June and sail to Norway via the West coast of Scotland and the Shetlands.  We are aiming to be in Norway at the end of June and then travel up the coast to the Lofoten Islands.  Ideally we were looking for crew earlier than your current window of availability but if this of interest, happy to discuss.  Chris Kemp s/v Kokiri on cpkmobile@btinternet.com
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search