White space on website

Author
neilm
New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I recognize that the current fashion in website design is to have lots of white space, but feel there is too much on the OCC site.
One simple example is the members login page.  It is necessary to scroll down to hit the login button, yet there is plenty unused space above.  Scrolling is a minor nuisance, but I wonder how many users fail to notice it and give up logging in?

A larger example is that when browsing the members directory.  The generous space between the lines makes for far more scrolling than should be necessary.
Even on this page, I have to hunt to find the "post" button, while the screen is 2/3 empty

Simon Currin
Simon Currin
Forum Expert (620 reputation)Forum Expert (620 reputation)Forum Expert (620 reputation)Forum Expert (620 reputation)Forum Expert (620 reputation)Forum Expert (620 reputation)Forum Expert (620 reputation)Forum Expert (620 reputation)Forum Expert (620 reputation)
Group: Administrators
Thanks Neil, we will share your comment with the developer
Simon
neilm - 21 Dec 2023
I recognize that the current fashion in website design is to have lots of white space, but feel there is too much on the OCC site.
One simple example is the members login page.  It is necessary to scroll down to hit the login button, yet there is plenty unused space above.  Scrolling is a minor nuisance, but I wonder how many users fail to notice it and give up logging in?

A larger example is that when browsing the members directory.  The generous space between the lines makes for far more scrolling than should be necessary.
Even on this page, I have to hunt to find the "post" button, while the screen is 2/3 empty

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search