HomeBoat Location

Please post here if you would like to share where your boat is at the moment.

OCC Fleet Map Messages in this topic - RSS

Guy.Chester

2/3/2016
Guy.Chester
Hi Simon,

I have done all as you said. Marine traffic appears to know where Sanctuary is from AIS..GREAT !!!!

Cheers

Guy
0 link
Simon Currin
Administrator

1/22/2016
Simon Currin
Administrator
We just signed up our 125th boat to the OCC Fleet Map. What is really good though is that the boat, Katherine Ann, is mid Ocean on a solo non-stop circumnavigation and she was set up from scratch via IridiumGo. Great job Bill and welcome to the OCC Fleet Map. We are looking forward to tracking you on you mammoth solo trip.
Simon

[center][attachment=316]ScreenShot2016-01-22at22.41.13.png[/attachment][/center]

--
Simon Currin
S/V Shimshal simon@medex.org.uk

0 link
Simon Currin
Administrator

12/24/2015
Simon Currin
Administrator
We now have 105 boats registered on the OCC Fleet Map.

Lots of boats moving around in the Caribbean so I hope the map is helping some members to find other OCC boats in the vicinity.
Simon

--
Simon Currin
0 link
DuncanRia

11/11/2015
DuncanRia
Sea Topas is currently on the hard at Marmaris Yacht Marina, Marmaris Turkey
37.2.04 N 27.25.57 E
0 link
basdeerenberg

11/6/2015
basdeerenberg
Simon,
Indeed TiSento is still in Grenada on the last shown position.Planning to move up north in the next 2 weeks.

Bas
0 link
Delphinus

11/6/2015
Delphinus
Thanks Simon, sorry it 's taken so long to sort out.
0 link
Simon Currin
Administrator

11/6/2015
Simon Currin
Administrator
Jayne,
The database has refreshed and you now show up on the OCC Fleet map.

--
Simon Currin
0 link
Simon Currin
Administrator

11/6/2015
Simon Currin
Administrator
Bas
I can see you in Grenada with a last recorded position on 24/10/2015. Are you still there? If not are you broadcasting and in range? If out of range for some reason then you can update by email or mAIS.
Simon

--
Simon Currin
0 link
basdeerenberg

11/6/2015
basdeerenberg
Dear Simon,
We have sent in the registration form, have a marinetraffic.com account and an AIS transponder, but our boat TiSento is not showing on the OCC fleetmap yet.
Please let me know if I need to resubmit.

Best regards
Bas
0 link
Simon Currin
Administrator

11/5/2015
Simon Currin
Administrator
Jayne,
OK so tell me where you are and I will find you add you to the fleet because at the moment you are not on their database. I suspect you will be on their database in a day or two.
Simon

--
Simon Currin
0 link
Delphinus

11/5/2015
Delphinus
It is visible now - finally!
0 link
Simon Currin
Administrator

11/5/2015
Simon Currin
Administrator
Jayne,
I am still struggling to find your boat on Marinetraffic.com. I can 't see a UK registered Delphinus nor does it recognise the MMSI. Please can you check the details I have which are: Delphinus UK 235113599. Alternatively if you can see yourselves on Marinetraffic (via mAIS) then tell me where you are and I should be able to find you. It maybe that if you have only just registered with mAIS it takes a day or two to synchronise their various databases.
Simon
Simon

--
Simon Currin
0 link
Simon Currin
Administrator

11/5/2015
Simon Currin
Administrator
Peter,
You need to send an email to report@marinetraffic.com set out in the format below. Nothing in the subject bar and then the text. I have inserted your MMSI and current position in the correct decimal format. note the longitude is west of Greenwich thus has a -ve prefix. Time should be UTC.
Simon

MMSI=235099197
LAT=28.09
LON=-15.25
SPEED=0.0
COURSE=110
TIMESTAMP=2015-11-03 23:06

--
Simon Currin
0 link
Peter Forbes

11/5/2015
Peter Forbes
How does one update the position manually? Peter forbes
0 link
Delphinus

11/5/2015
Delphinus
Hi Simon, we are back onboard but our ais (and other boats on this marina) is not showing up on Marine Traffic. I have just registered with mAIS assuming this works differently you should be able to locate us on there.
0 link
Simon Currin
Administrator

11/3/2015
Simon Currin
Administrator
Alan,
Please do let Jenny know and I will certainly seek Halldor out when we get back to Isafjordur in the Spring.

We did have internet access when we were in Brokey via a Digital Yachts WL510 WiFi amplifier but currently we are at home in the UK with the boat safely tied up in Reykjavik 's Maritime Museum!

Simon

--
Simon Currin
0 link
ateale

11/3/2015
ateale
Simon, For one reason or another we never got to meet the Harbour Master. If it 's OK with you I will go ahead with suggesting Halldor, but tell Jenny you may know of a second possibility should things fall through with Halldor.
Incidentally, and if I may ask, if you are on the boat at Brokey how are you managing your internet connection? Alan
Alan
0 link
Simon Currin
Administrator

11/3/2015
Simon Currin
Administrator
Alan,
No I thought you meant Mugi the harbour master who bent over backwards for us. Having said that all Icelandics were incredibly helpful.
Simon

--
Simon Currin
0 link
ateale

11/3/2015
ateale
Simon, Are we thinking of the same person in Isafjordur? The fellow I have in mind is Halldor Sveinbjornsson with the yacht Bella Donna on the pontoons in the yacht harbour. He runs the local kayaking school and does a lot for youth dinghy sailing. I seem to remember we called him Torre when we there. Alan
0 link
Simon Currin
Administrator

11/3/2015
Simon Currin
Administrator
So maybe see you in Iceland next year? We are sailing back to Isafjordur in April to go skiing and completely agree that Mugi would be a great PO. Just checked and the OCC Fleet Map is working fine this morning. I think there are occasional issues still with older unsupported browsers but it seems reliable at the moment.
Simon

--
Simon Currin
0 link