HomeChart and Pilot Book Exchange

If you have charts or pilots you wish to exchange then please list them here. Once your item is sold please delete your original post.

Counterfeit Charts and Pilot Books Messages in this topic - RSS

Daria Blackwell
Administrator

5/2/2016
Daria Blackwell
Administrator
David,
I wouldn 't click on the links on this page as you could get a virus but I just received the following Google Alert about a publication that appears to be counterfeit. http://megan.hewuppertal.de/buy-facebook-dp-likes/the-pacific-crossing-guide-rcc-pilotage-foundation-with-ocean-cruising-club-1st-edition.pdf

"Ocean Cruising Club"
Daily update · 2 May 2016
WEB

the pacific crossing guide rcc pilotage foundation with ocean cruising club 1st edition pdf
hewuppertal.de

Pilotage Foundation With Ocean Cruising Club 1St Edition Books? Now, you will be happy that at this time The Pacific Crossing Guide Rcc Pilotage ...

--
Daria Blackwell - Rear Commodore, PR Officer, Editor OCC Digital Comms & Port Officer, West of Ireland s/v Aleria http://www.coastalboating.net
0 link
Ariel

3/30/2016
Ariel
From David Lancaster 30/3/2016

Members should exercise caution if offered discounted Charts or Pilot books. There are copies of navigation charts being offered for sale in the Gulf area and India. They appear to be British Admiralty Charts and Pilots.

Chart copies are being produced in China and are pretty obvious from the colour (very white) and quality of paper used. Pilot books are either poor xerox type copies or perfect bound (glued not sewn as original books which ensures long life).

Some pilots can be an original book block re-bound with a light weight cover, or a complete copy, again the paper used is inferior and the binding and trimming will be poor, sometimes cutting into text on the right hand page. The copies are being purchased in India by low cost shipping companies.

To date it 's in the above areas where these are being sold, though in 2014 some were turning up in Singapore and Malaysia. It 's important to note that none of the copies are being sold by authorised chart agents or sub agents.

Please contact me if you have purchased or have been offered these items: ariel@icloud.com.
0 link