Social Networks

The OCC Clubhouse bar? Messages in this topic - RSS

Simon Currin
Administrator

5/30/2017
Simon Currin
Administrator
David,
I set up the Clubhouse Bar in the the Members Only Area for the time being but happy to move it into the public realm if you prefer.
Simon

--
Simon Currin
S/V Shimshal simon@medex.org.uk
0 link
Simon Currin
Administrator

5/30/2017
Simon Currin
Administrator
David,
You should be able to post photos and attachments. Do you see the same tools as I do. See screenshot attached. All for boosting Forum traffic although beware that FB is very close to the hearts of some. I'll set up your social Forum as soon as i can.
Simon

David Tyler wrote:
Now that we have a brand new forum that seems to be mobile-friendly and easy to use, I would like to propose that all social interchange between members be eventually brought in-house, and the use of the FB closed group be discouraged and the use of this forum encouraged.

Over at the JRA, I set up a forum titled "The Yacht Club Bar", where we can be frivolous, indulging in light-hearted banter and musings and maunderings if we wish, so that the other fora can be kept for their intended purposes.

If a similar forum were to be established here, I for one would see no need to go to the FB group. The FB group is being used for purposes for which there are already more suitable places here, such as the exchange of cruising information, and I do feel that that's a bad thing.

Admittedly, this forum is not giving me the opportunity to post photos, videos and other files, so that functionality would have to be added, to match the functionality of FB.

--
Simon Currin
S/V Shimshal simon@medex.org.uk

0 link
David Tyler

5/30/2017
David Tyler
Now that we have a brand new forum that seems to be mobile-friendly and easy to use, I would like to propose that all social interchange between members be eventually brought in-house, and the use of the FB closed group be discouraged and the use of this forum encouraged.

Over at the JRA, I set up a forum titled "The Yacht Club Bar", where we can be frivolous, indulging in light-hearted banter and musings and maunderings if we wish, so that the other fora can be kept for their intended purposes.

If a similar forum were to be established here, I for one would see no need to go to the FB group. The FB group is being used for purposes for which there are already more suitable places here, such as the exchange of cruising information, and I do feel that that's a bad thing.

Admittedly, this forum is not giving me the opportunity to post photos, videos and other files, so that functionality would have to be added, to match the functionality of FB.

--
David Tyler "Weaverbird" weaverbird22@gmail.com
0 link