OCC dinner during the ICC 85th Anniversary Cruise

Author
Daria Blackwell
I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)
Group: Administrators
“From July 5th to the 12th, the Irish Cruising Club had organised a cruise in company, starting in Crosshaven and ending with a by now traditional dinner in Glengarriff, which is where the Club was formed in 1929.

It was also proposed and agreed that the OCC would hold a raft-up and dinner in Crookhaven along the way for their Members and shipmates. Accordingly four boats came together on a benign Thursday afternoon.

Anchor boat was the lovely “Eleanda”, largest in the rally fleet and owned by Nigel and Heleen Lindsay-Fynn. Following her transatlantic crossing Nigel has now been proposed for OCC membership. Alongside was “Ann Again” with owners Brian and Eleanor Cudmore on board and outside them in turn was “Margaret Wroughton” with Gavin and Georgie McLaren from Falmouth. They were on their way to longer sailing adventures, and were taking in the ICC rally en route. Last but not least was David Whitehead’s “Mystic”, at 27 feet the smallest boat in the rally fleet, but perfectly comfortable as I can attest.

There were ten OCC members on the rally and together with their shipmates, some twenty five sailors attended on the water and at an excellent dinner afterwards in Nottages Restaurant.

John P Bourke
Rear Commodore Ireland.”

Vice Commodore, OCC 
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search