3D Priniting

Author
Simon Currin
Forum Expert (613 reputation)Forum Expert (613 reputation)Forum Expert (613 reputation)Forum Expert (613 reputation)Forum Expert (613 reputation)Forum Expert (613 reputation)Forum Expert (613 reputation)Forum Expert (613 reputation)Forum Expert (613 reputation)
Group: Administrators
I was wondering if anyone had any experience of 3D printing

We have broken on of our wind generator blades and I now discover that the manufacturer and has gone bust and spares are not available. Would it be appropriate to ask a 3D printing company to make me a new set by scanning the surviving blades? Would the printed material be strong enough for replacement blades?

Simon
Daria Blackwell
Daria Blackwell
I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)
Simon,

I remembered a PBO article about 3D printing of replacement parts.You might try to contact the author. http://www.pbo.co.uk/expert-advice/3d-printing-boat-parts-20440

Daria

Vice Commodore, OCC 
Simon Currin
Simon Currin
Forum Expert (613 reputation)Forum Expert (613 reputation)Forum Expert (613 reputation)Forum Expert (613 reputation)Forum Expert (613 reputation)Forum Expert (613 reputation)Forum Expert (613 reputation)Forum Expert (613 reputation)Forum Expert (613 reputation)
Thanks Daria that 's really helpful. I see some have used 3 d printing to make wind generators so I will explore this further and let you know how I get on.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search