Use of a Jordan Series Drogue

Author
Daria Blackwell
I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)
Group: Administrators
There is a good report by Sam Davis here in the ICC Newsletter (Spring 2014) on what it takes to deploy and retrieve a Jordan Series Drogue under challenging conditions. Do you have personal experience deploying a drogue?

http://www.irishcruisingclub.com/images/stories/Newsletter%20Spring%202014.pdf

Vice Commodore, OCC 
Dick
Dick
Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi all,
For those who own a Jordan series drogue, there was a sobering report in (I believe) a 2015 Flying Fish about an OCC boat that deployed theirs and found it almost disintegrated upon retrieval. If memory serves it was a commercially made JSD (in the UK) and construction details were upgraded when the drogue was returned to the canvas people. However, it is likely that some of the lighter built drogues are still out there. I will try to find the article details.
My best, Dick Stevenson, s/v Alchemy
Simon Currin
Simon Currin
Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)
Group: Administrators
Dick,
Another such failure occurred on Nereida a few days ago. See link http://svnereida.com/blog/3744-31st-oct-lots-of-interest-in-damaged-staysail-and-series-drogue
We have a Series Drogue and will be checking out the cones on our next visit to the boat.
Simon
Dick
Dick
Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
The Flying Fish is 2015/2 and the article is on p. 71 and is Stuart Letton, "Winter Sun to Midnight Sun". Dick
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search