New (2017) Website Wish List

Author
Simon Currin
Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)
Group: Administrators
Thanks Alan we will raise this with teh developer when we resume work on the website in October / November.
Simon
[quote=alanfym]Hi

Like the new forum and appreciate the effort it has taken but for those whose eyesight is no longer young I find it very difficult to read the print that is grey text on white, I have no trouble at all with the text below, I'm not the only one in difficulty with this?

best regards

Alan Franklin[/quote]
Daria Blackwell
Daria Blackwell
I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)
No you are not the only one! :-(

[quote=alanfym]

Hi

Like the new forum and appreciate the effort it has taken but for those whose eyesight is no longer young I find it very difficult to read the print that is grey text on white, I have no trouble at all with the text below, I'm not the only one in difficulty with this?

best regards

Alan Franklin[/quote]

Vice Commodore, OCC 
Daria Blackwell
Daria Blackwell
I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)
Currently, I can only add one photo per news page and all links have to go into the links list on the bottom of the page which is not always easy to spot. When collecting lists on links for disaster relief or information contacts, I can't have a live link posted with the information about it. I would like to be able to have live links within the body of the text.

Vice Commodore, OCC 
Daria Blackwell
Daria Blackwell
In the gallery, it is not possible to place photos in the correct orientation. Vertical photos automatically post horizontally forcing viewers to view them sideways. Since most boats are photographed vertically, I'd like the ability to post in both configurations.

Vice Commodore, OCC 
Daria Blackwell
Daria Blackwell
In the Forum, I don't understand the image button. It asks for a URL which would be a page link button which is already there as a standard hyperlink button. To add an image you have to attach a file. This is counter-intuitive relative to other forums.

Vice Commodore, OCC 
Simon Currin
Simon Currin
Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)
Daria
Yes I'm getting frustrated by loss of Forum functionality too. Maybe we should start looking for a better .net offering? At least now all the data is in tables we can move easily onto a different .net Forum platform.
Simon
neilm
neilm
New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
We like the new site, and appreciate the work you put into it.

A few suggestions

1) Include the PO list in the hamburger menu on home page
2 ) ditto for Fleet map (only way I can find it is with Google or by exploring member benefit)
3) Plain old black text on white or slightly off-white background would be easier to read than the light blue, grey font currently used etc. These pastel colours are the current style, but are hard to read, particularly with weak eyes, in a moving boat and on a small (phone) screen. There is a reason newspapers and most magazines stick with black text, despite the ease and low cost of colour printing.
4) There is lots of room on my tiny iPhone4 screen for more items under the hamburger menu, so that users can go where they want with two clicks/touches

Neil and Helen McCubbin
Simon Currin
Simon Currin
Thanks Neil,
Readability is becoming a commonly reported concern. One tip on the Fleet Map - go hamburger/ cruising info /OCC Fleet.
Simon
Daria Blackwell
Daria Blackwell
It is increasingly difficult to upload videos because the format specs for links do not match the way YouTube serves them up. It would be great if the format used by YouTube could be adopted.

Vice Commodore, OCC 
Simon Currin
Simon Currin
Thanks Daria. See also my note to Dick, posted below, on topic subscription.

Simon Currin
Thanks Dick. There is a tick box option to subscribe to a thread or topic but that vanishes from display on smaller, handheld devices. I am compiling a list of forum software shortcomings and we may well need to change if these things can’t be overcome.
Simon
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search