Has anyone bought into the iKommunicate Gateway?

Author
Daria Blackwell
I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)
Group: Administrators
iKommunicate Gateway, enabling the Internet of Things Afloat[/b[b]] from Digital Yacht

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1689846268/ikommunicate-gateway-enabling-the-internet-of-thin

From the kickstarter page...
"The Signal K interfacing standard promises to be the biggest step change in marine interfacing since NMEA was introduced over 40 years ago and iKommunicate makes it compatible with all your existing NMEA 0183/2000 based systems"

iKommunicate is an on board gateway and server that allows traditional NMEA 0183 and NMEA 2000 marine electronic based equipment to interface with the newly developed, open source Signal K platform. This fast growing "next generation navigation" and data-sharing platform enables the connected boat - welcome to the "Internet of Things" afloat with iKommunicate!

Vice Commodore, OCC 
William Jones
William Jones
New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I bought an iKommunicate gateway during the kickstarter campaign. We were focusing on "real issues" and I had to put SignalK on the back burner. However, it is winter now so it is on my mind as I configure systems on board to be an IOT enabled boat. I am configuring a small NMEA 2000 system on a work bench at home based on the Actisense "A2K-SBN 4 Way Small Boat Network". My immediate goals are to get the dinghy system ready for Navionics' "SonarChart Live". Next will be setting up SignalK to leverage IOT on the boat.

~Bill Jones
S/V Kuleana, CSY 37 #82
Simon Currin
Simon Currin
Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)
Group: Administrators
Bill,
I will be really interested to hear how you get on with this project. I haven't gone down this road yet but have been wondering about it for a while.
Simon
William Jones
William Jones
New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
[quote=Simon Currin] I will be really interested to hear how you get on with this project.

Simon[/quote]

My project involves leveraging the thought that I can have my boat phone home for configurable alarms using just a cheap Android phone as an SMTP gateway. It is very low priority though. It will be more doable after winter. I would like to get bilge pump alerts, temperature alerts, battery voltage alerts, shore power alerts, companion door alerts, and such.

When I get started on it, I'll PM you.
edited by Bill.Jones on 1/31/2019
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search