Can the 18 month VAT rule be extended?

Author
Daria Blackwell
I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)
Group: Administrators
A member query about the VAT rules led us to this page where FAQs are answered by the European Commission. All the relevant legislation is cited. 

Can the 18 months be extended if the yacht is not used? You may want to go home for Christmas! There is a possibility of extension of that period, but only in exceptional circumstances, as it is established in Article 251(3) of the Union Customs Code (UCC).
https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/sites/taxation/files/rules_for_private_boats-faq_en.pdf

Vice Commodore, OCC 
Nicholas Preller
Nicholas Preller
New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thank you for sharing this post.

Note to self:  Start making a list of places outside the EU where you can leave the boat for the winter.
Daria Blackwell
Daria Blackwell
I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)
Group: Administrators
Nicholas Preller - 12/2/2019
Thank you for sharing this post.

Note to self:  Start making a list of places outside the EU where you can leave the boat for the winter.

That will be easy after Brexit.

Vice Commodore, OCC 
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search