Caymanian Cruise

Author
Chris.Bromley
New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I am in Martinique & intend to sail to Grand Cayman soon. The expected voyage duration is 7 to 10 days, based on previous experience. The boat is a sturdy Amel ketch. This crewing opportunity is only of relevance to Cayman nationals - as with most island jurisdictions entry is only authorised for their own nationals during the Covid pandemic and on arrival the boat, with all aboard, will go into mandatory quarantine for 14 days. The reason I am posting this opportunity is because I wish to avoid single handing for over a week as the risk is significant of falling asleep when alert watch keeping is needed. So all that's needed is a dependable Caymanian person who can keep their eyes open when on watch. If you have little or no sailing experience, this is an opportunity to discover passage - making. One person would be a great help, two or three would make it a very easy trip. I know this is a long shot, but if you are a Caymanian in Martinique or can get there and want to get home without waiting for the airport to re-open in August please get in touch.
Small print: I will be responsible for the costs of running the boat & living aboard ( although any offer to contribute is not going to be refused). I don't want to take on the costs of getting to the boat or leaving the boat. I assume you will be in reasonably good health and will stay healthy, so each has to bear their own medical expenses.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search