Has anyone experience with Skyroam or Tip?

Author
Daria Blackwell
I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)
Group: Administrators
New services/devices that provide wifi hot spots without roaming and without local SIMs in most of the world are cropping up. Does anyone have experience using Skyroam or Tip or similar services. 

We're all waiting for Elon Musk to get his Starlink going, but I think that's going to take a while to be fully functional. Anyone beta-testing?

Vice Commodore, OCC 
William Jones
William Jones
New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Daria Blackwell - 3 Mar 2021
New services/devices that provide wifi hot spots without roaming and without local SIMs in most of the world are cropping up. Does anyone have experience using Skyroam or Tip or similar services. 

We're all waiting for Elon Musk to get his Starlink going, but I think that's going to take a while to be fully functional. Anyone beta-testing?

I looked at Skyroam but at $8 US per GB I did not find a use for me. The elusive Starlink might be the solution when it becomes available at sea but in the interim I am using a phone that offers a 22GB GoogleFi plan that works in the Caribbean (my cruising zone). My home zone is the US AICW (US East Coast) and for that I use a pair of hot spots.

Bill and June
S/V Kuleana

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search