Looking for west to east trans-Atlantic crew

Author
Pete.Medlock
New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello all, anyone looking for passage to Europe? Then read on!
We are currently planning a return trip from Grenada to the UK and looking for crew.
Departure date will be around 01.06 depending on weather window and route will be direct to The Azores (unless any problems), a pit stop there as time allows and then direct to UK south coast. We would like to be arriving in the UK before 01.07.
The yacht is a 2007 Najad 570. I am Commercial Yachtmaster with 3 transatlantics, 3 biscay crossings, 2 Med crossings, one UK circumnavigation and a few others under my belt although this will be my first West to East trans-Atlantic.
We are offering up to 3 unpaid crew places for those interested in joining us. Qualifications are not necessary, experience is a big bonus, a great attitude is must! Your food and drink (not alcohol) will be provided.
If you are interested please make contact on here, WhatsApp or email with relevant information about yourself. We would then like to meet you for a beer to get to know you in the coming week or two. We are on Carriacou for the rest of this week then heading to Grenada.
Fair winds,
Pete & Libby
+44 7818 615234
sylunulata@gmail.com
www.sylunulata.com
threeships2
threeships2
Junior Member (67 reputation)Junior Member (67 reputation)Junior Member (67 reputation)Junior Member (67 reputation)Junior Member (67 reputation)Junior Member (67 reputation)Junior Member (67 reputation)Junior Member (67 reputation)Junior Member (67 reputation)
Hi As coordinator for OCC Youth Sponsorship Programme I was wondering whether you would consider YSP applicants if I put them in touch with you?
Fiona Jones threeships2010@gmail.com
+447796678120
Pete.Medlock
Pete.Medlock
New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)
Certainly we would. I'll send you an email with more information 👍
Dick
Dick
Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)Forum Expert (892 reputation)
Pete.Medlock - 5 May 2021
Certainly we would. I'll send you an email with more information 👍

Hi Pete,
You are very likely to know this as you have numerous miles under your keel, but I would want all to know that the best advice we received on our W>E Atlantic crossing was not to treat the Azores as a just pit stop and fuel depot in a passage in the middle of the Atlantic, but to think of them as great cruising grounds. We followed the advice and spent 2 months in the Azores going to 6 of the seven islands, before heading off to Portugal.
And the Azores are a widely under-appreciated cruising ground. Not only are the islands all different in a somewhat magical way as they are all beautiful, but they have a long history and traditions. And the people are quite wonderful.
For most of us, a visit to the Azores is a once in a life-time event and should not be wasted if you have the time.
My best, Dick Stevenson, s/v Alchemy

Pete.Medlock
Pete.Medlock
Hi Dick, thanks for the advice. With COVID restrictions there are extra hoops to jump through if you want to stay longer than 6 days at the moment, also there's only a couple of ports open to visiting yachts. So looks like it might be a short stop this time. Though will certainly stay at least a couple of days and explore around Horta as much as we're allowed to.
Best, 
Pete 
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search