searching membership list

Author
Neill.Hogarth
New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Is it possible to search the membership list by location?
On Sunday we leave from Polynesia for Brisbane and I am looking for some local advice about entry to the port.
I thought maybe I could search for members in the area.
Thank you
Neill
Simon Currin
Simon Currin
Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)
Group: Administrators
Neil,
No sadly this is not part of the current functionality but if you drop a lime to Rachelle she can pull a report for you. I have no idea why such a search can’t be accessed by members directly but will enquire.

Simon
Neill.Hogarth - 22 Sep 2021
Is it possible to search the membership list by location?
On Sunday we leave from Polynesia for Brisbane and I am looking for some local advice about entry to the port.
I thought maybe I could search for members in the area.
Thank you
Neill

bwallace
bwallace
Junior Member (82 reputation)Junior Member (82 reputation)Junior Member (82 reputation)Junior Member (82 reputation)Junior Member (82 reputation)Junior Member (82 reputation)Junior Member (82 reputation)Junior Member (82 reputation)Junior Member (82 reputation)
Hi Neill,
You may think of contacting Nick Halsey who is the Port Officer. He is based in Southport. When we were there in 2016, he and his wife Suzzie were extremely helpful and good company.  I think, but check with Nick, that Southport became a port of entry. So much easier than going all the way up the river to Brisbane initially, Which you can then proceed to via the inland waterway system provided you do not draw more than 2.5 meters.  
Have a good passage,

Sail Safe

Brian and Sue S/V Darramy 

Simon Currin
Simon Currin
Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)Forum Expert (605 reputation)
Group: Administrators
Neil
I gather we can search- see below.

‘The member search function is already there: If you enter “Brisbane” in the Future Plans, Experience, Qualifying passage search box it brings back 14 members who have “Brisbane” in their bio, home port or experience. ‘

Simon
Neill.Hogarth
Neill.Hogarth
New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)
bwallace - 23 Sep 2021
Hi Neill,
You may think of contacting Nick Halsey who is the Port Officer. He is based in Southport. When we were there in 2016, he and his wife Suzzie were extremely helpful and good company.  I think, but check with Nick, that Southport became a port of entry. So much easier than going all the way up the river to Brisbane initially, Which you can then proceed to via the inland waterway system provided you do not draw more than 2.5 meters.  
Have a good passage,

Sail Safe

Brian and Sue S/V Darramy 

Thank you for the suggestion. We just wrote to Nick.

We have no choice in where we go. We have been granted visas and an entry exemption but the conditions are that we sail to Brisbane and only Brisbane, moor at Rivergate Marina and no where else and (after a month or more at sea) immediately proceed to a government approved hotel for 14 days quarantine.
But whatever. Australia has been kind enough to allow us in so we do whatever they ask.

And all meals prepared by someone else. All washing up afterwards done by someone else. Electricity and water irrespective of the sun shining on the solar panels, and if anything breaks we ring reception. It sounds like sailor's heaven!

Heidi & Neill

Neill.Hogarth
Neill.Hogarth
Simon Currin - 23 Sep 2021
NeilI gather we can search- see below.‘The member search function is already there: If you enter “Brisbane” in the Future Plans, Experience, Qualifying passage search box it brings back 14 members who have “Brisbane” in their bio, home port or experience. ‘Simon

Thank you!
Yes, that worked.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search