Falkland Islands and Chilean Channels

Author
shills
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: Past Members
We are currently in southern Brazil and heading for Mar del Plata, Argentina to sit out the southern winter (June-Sep). Then in September we are planning to head to the Falkland islands and then Chilean Channels (via Beagle channel) up to Puerto Montt during 2013. Any other Flying Fish heading this way? We have been fulltime cruising for 3 years now and only come across 3 other Flying Fish!
Simon Currin
Simon Currin
Forum Expert (613 reputation)Forum Expert (613 reputation)Forum Expert (613 reputation)Forum Expert (613 reputation)Forum Expert (613 reputation)Forum Expert (613 reputation)Forum Expert (613 reputation)Forum Expert (613 reputation)Forum Expert (613 reputation)
Group: Administrators
I guess you saw elsewhere on the forum that Paul Heiney is heading that way too on Ayesha. http://forum.oceancruisingclub.org/8-chart-and-pilot-book-exchange/158-beagle-channel
Paul Heiney
Paul Heiney
New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Yes, I 'm off in that direction but giving the Falklands a miss. The boat 's laid up in Piriapolis (Wild Song) and I 'm going to set off south in September, heading for P Williams where I will leave her over Christmas, returning in January to transit the Beagle, into the Magellan, and then back into the Atlantic heading northwards - so, a circumnavigation of Tierra del Fuego.

PAUL HEINEY
www.sailblogs.com/member/wildsong
mina
mina
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
I was in the Falklands / Chilean Channels (and Antarctica) in December-March and would be happy to give you advice if you want it. You can email me at tim(at)barker(dot)org(dot)uk. Also you may find my blog of interest: www.blog.mailasail.com/mina2

Tim Barker
bfuller
bfuller
We are Valdivia, heading south and hope to be in Beagle channel next Dec.
Barry & Sue Fuller s/v Crazy Diamond
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search