OCC Forums

Greek Cruising Tax

https://forum.oceancruisingclub.org/Topic4921.aspx

By bwallace - 5 Mar 2019

The New Cruising Tax for Cruising in Greek waters is supposed to come into force on 2 April 2019. I understand there are fines for non compliance.
The site I have been directed to is www.aade.gr The whole web site is in Greek. Has anyone translated this? Or, has anyone got any current information about the implementation which I understand was deferred from last November.
The Cruising Association seems to be quite active in this area, but I am not a member. The RYA seems quite vague.
Can anyone help as it is all Greek to me!
Cheers
Brian s/v Darramy
By bbalme - 16 Mar 2019

Here's some useful information about the new Greek Cruising Tax coming in on April 2nd. This courtesy of Noonsite, Courtesy of the CA...
By bwallace - 18 Mar 2019

Thanks for the link Bill.
I actually went to the local Port Police in Preveza last Thursday, and they told me they have no information yet!
I will print off and fill the form in and go and revisit them before we return to the U.K. this week.
I will update this post with my results.
Cheers
Brian
S/V Darramy
By bwallace - 18 Mar 2019

Update: Forms duly printed off and filled in (easy)!
Visit to Port Office caused concern for them as they wanted to know where I got the forms and information from.
They eventually found some documents from the Government, but they could not interpret the direction or implementation of the said documents.
Suggested I come back on my return to Greece in April.
To Clarify for other member,. Darramy is in the water, and not out of use which seems a different set of circumstances.
I will continue to update as and when I have more information.
Cheers
Brian
S/V Darramy
By Andreas.Christou - 2 Apr 2019

[quote=bwallace]The New Cruising Tax for Cruising in Greek waters is supposed to come into force on 2 April 2019. I understand there are fines for non compliance.
The site I have been directed to is www.aade.gr The whole web site is in Greek. Has anyone translated this? Or, has anyone got any current information about the implementation which I understand was deferred from last November.
The Cruising Association seems to be quite active in this area, but I am not a member. The RYA seems quite vague.
Cheers
Brian s/v Darramy[/quote]

[color=rgb(34, 34, 34)][font=" times="" new="" roman",="" serif]As of today, implementation of the Greek Cruising Tax [/font][/color]has been postponed till Thursday the 9th of May 2019[color=rgb(34, 34, 34)][font=" times="" new="" roman",="" serif]. [/font][/color]
edited by Andreas.Christou on 4/2/2019
By bwallace - 4 Apr 2019

[quote=Andreas.Christou][quote=bwallace]The New Cruising Tax for Cruising in Greek waters is supposed to come into force on 2 April 2019. I understand there are fines for non compliance.
Cheers
Brian s/v Darramy[/quote]

[color=rgb(34, 34, 34)][font=" times="" new="" roman",="" serif]As of today, implementation of the Greek Cruising Tax [/font][/color]has been postponed till Thursday the 9th of May 2019[color=rgb(34, 34, 34)][font=" times="" new="" roman",="" serif]. [/font][/color]
edited by Andreas.Christou on 4/2/2019[/quote]
By bwallace - 4 Apr 2019

Thanks for the update Andreas. Appreciated.
Brian
By bwallace - 26 Jun 2019

Re Greek Cruising tax, we paid for May and June after a load of hard keyboard work.
I have now come 9 pay for the next few month, and find my account blocked. I can find no way to get it unblocked so I can pay again.
Does anyone have any contact info to solve this problem?
I tried the Greek tax office , but it’s all fGreek to me.
Any suggestions out there please

Brian and Sue
S/V Darramy Enjoying the Peloponnisos