OCC Forums

Help finding single-burner gimballed butane cannister stove?

https://forum.oceancruisingclub.org/Topic6278.aspx

By Barbara.Euser - 17 Dec 2020

For years, I had  Force Ten gimballed single-burner butane cannister stove that I relied on for quick cookng. Then it broke. I would like to replace it, but Force Ten apparently no longer manufacturers this stove. Can anyone suggest a similar stove currently on the market?
By Dick - 17 Dec 2020

Barbara.Euser - 17 Dec 2020
For years, I had  Force Ten gimballed single-burner butane cannister stove that I relied on for quick cookng. Then it broke. I would like to replace it, but Force Ten apparently no longer manufacturers this stove. Can anyone suggest a similar stove currently on the market?

Hi Barbara,
Good luck with that! Best bet is marine “antique”/”flea market” stores and even then I suspect not and if someone knew what a special hard to find piece of kit they had, it would be dear in price.
I am so sorry yours failed.
I would consider spending real money to get it repaired if at all possible. Friends a decade or more ago now, I think, tried to find one and failed completely. They ended up cobbling together a 1 burner stove designed for back-packing that worked for them. If your gimbaling mechanism is still good, a camp stove might be fitted.
Let us know what you find or figure out.
My best, Dick Stevenson, s/v Alchemy
By Chris.Pink - 17 Dec 2020

Hi Barbara,
I was intrigued by your quest for a single burner stove, especially as an earlier life spent trekking on and around mountains was dependent on having light and efficient burners for hot food and drink.
I may be on the wrong track here but noted in an article I read that Jetboil have an arrangement/ partnership to support an ocean racing boat with one of their single burner compact stoves. I have since found that there have been a variety of companies producing gimbals for them. One such company is Safire (Safire Waterjet) who have manufactured the "Stable Stove" gimbal mount for the Jetboil. I have no experience of them.
I hope this adds an option to your search.
Regards
Chris Pink, s/v Iseult
By Dick - 17 Dec 2020

Chris.Pink - 17 Dec 2020
Hi Barbara,
I was intrigued by your quest for a single burner stove, especially as an earlier life spent trekking on and around mountains was dependent on having light and efficient burners for hot food and drink.
I may be on the wrong track here but noted in an article I read that Jetboil have an arrangement/ partnership to support an ocean racing boat with one of their single burner compact stoves. I have since found that there have been a variety of companies producing gimbals for them. One such company is Safire (Safire Waterjet) who have manufactured the "Stable Stove" gimbal mount for the Jetboil. I have no experience of them.
Regards
Chris Pink, s/v Iseult
Hi Chris,
That unit sure looks like it fits the bill. Dick

By Barbara.Euser - 18 Dec 2020

Chris.Pink - 17 Dec 2020
Hi Barbara,
Regards
Chris Pink, s/v Iseult
Hi Chris,
Thanks so much for this information! I checked out the Safire website and I will be ordering the Stable Stove gimbal and a Jetboil stove today. Really appreciate your prompt reply.
Best, Barbara

By DariaBlackwell - 28 Dec 2020

F32 Mini Galley - Forespar
www.forespar.com › pdf › techTips › F32-Mini-Galley
PDF
The Mini Galley 2000

https://www.forespar.com/pdf/techTips/F32-Mini-Galley.pdf
By DariaBlackwell - 28 Dec 2020

Review in Practical Sailor
https://www.practical-sailor.com/belowdecks-amenities/galley/the-boiling-point-five-way-single-burner-galley-stove-test
By Barbara.Euser - 28 Dec 2020

Daria Blackwell - 28 Dec 2020

Review in Practical Sailor
https://www.practical-sailor.com/belowdecks-amenities/galley/the-boiling-point-five-way-single-burner-galley-stove-test

Thanks, Daria, and everyone else who has responded. The forespar minigalley 2000 looked like a perfect solution. I found a description on the internet but could not find it listed on Forespar’s website. I called Forespar and was informed they discontinued the minigalley 2000 about ten years ago. The only option would be to find a used one somewhere. I found one listed for sale on ebay. Fortuitously, a member of SSCA, where I had also posted my query, was willing to sell me her old minigalley 2000. My problem is solved! Thanks to all who took the time to respond. I appreciate your helpfulness!