Help finding single-burner gimballed butane cannister stove?

Author
Barbara.Euser
New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
For years, I had  Force Ten gimballed single-burner butane cannister stove that I relied on for quick cookng. Then it broke. I would like to replace it, but Force Ten apparently no longer manufacturers this stove. Can anyone suggest a similar stove currently on the market?
Dick
Dick
Forum Expert (897 reputation)Forum Expert (897 reputation)Forum Expert (897 reputation)Forum Expert (897 reputation)Forum Expert (897 reputation)Forum Expert (897 reputation)Forum Expert (897 reputation)Forum Expert (897 reputation)Forum Expert (897 reputation)
Barbara.Euser - 17 Dec 2020
For years, I had  Force Ten gimballed single-burner butane cannister stove that I relied on for quick cookng. Then it broke. I would like to replace it, but Force Ten apparently no longer manufacturers this stove. Can anyone suggest a similar stove currently on the market?

Hi Barbara,
Good luck with that! Best bet is marine “antique”/”flea market” stores and even then I suspect not and if someone knew what a special hard to find piece of kit they had, it would be dear in price.
I am so sorry yours failed.
I would consider spending real money to get it repaired if at all possible. Friends a decade or more ago now, I think, tried to find one and failed completely. They ended up cobbling together a 1 burner stove designed for back-packing that worked for them. If your gimbaling mechanism is still good, a camp stove might be fitted.
Let us know what you find or figure out.
My best, Dick Stevenson, s/v Alchemy

Chris.Pink
Chris.Pink
New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)
Hi Barbara,
I was intrigued by your quest for a single burner stove, especially as an earlier life spent trekking on and around mountains was dependent on having light and efficient burners for hot food and drink.
I may be on the wrong track here but noted in an article I read that Jetboil have an arrangement/ partnership to support an ocean racing boat with one of their single burner compact stoves. I have since found that there have been a variety of companies producing gimbals for them. One such company is Safire (Safire Waterjet) who have manufactured the "Stable Stove" gimbal mount for the Jetboil. I have no experience of them.
I hope this adds an option to your search.
Regards
Chris Pink, s/v Iseult
Dick
Dick
Forum Expert (897 reputation)Forum Expert (897 reputation)Forum Expert (897 reputation)Forum Expert (897 reputation)Forum Expert (897 reputation)Forum Expert (897 reputation)Forum Expert (897 reputation)Forum Expert (897 reputation)Forum Expert (897 reputation)
Chris.Pink - 17 Dec 2020
Hi Barbara,
I was intrigued by your quest for a single burner stove, especially as an earlier life spent trekking on and around mountains was dependent on having light and efficient burners for hot food and drink.
I may be on the wrong track here but noted in an article I read that Jetboil have an arrangement/ partnership to support an ocean racing boat with one of their single burner compact stoves. I have since found that there have been a variety of companies producing gimbals for them. One such company is Safire (Safire Waterjet) who have manufactured the "Stable Stove" gimbal mount for the Jetboil. I have no experience of them.
Regards
Chris Pink, s/v Iseult
Hi Chris,
That unit sure looks like it fits the bill. Dick

Barbara.Euser
Barbara.Euser
New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)
Chris.Pink - 17 Dec 2020
Hi Barbara,
Regards
Chris Pink, s/v Iseult
Hi Chris,
Thanks so much for this information! I checked out the Safire website and I will be ordering the Stable Stove gimbal and a Jetboil stove today. Really appreciate your prompt reply.
Best, Barbara

Daria Blackwell
Daria Blackwell
I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)
Group: Administrators

F32 Mini Galley - Forespar
www.forespar.com › pdf › techTips › F32-Mini-Galley
PDF
The Mini Galley 2000

https://www.forespar.com/pdf/techTips/F32-Mini-Galley.pdf

Vice Commodore, OCC 
Daria Blackwell
Daria Blackwell
I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)
Group: Administrators

Review in Practical Sailor
https://www.practical-sailor.com/belowdecks-amenities/galley/the-boiling-point-five-way-single-burner-galley-stove-test

Vice Commodore, OCC 
Barbara.Euser
Barbara.Euser
Daria Blackwell - 28 Dec 2020

Review in Practical Sailor
https://www.practical-sailor.com/belowdecks-amenities/galley/the-boiling-point-five-way-single-burner-galley-stove-test

Thanks, Daria, and everyone else who has responded. The forespar minigalley 2000 looked like a perfect solution. I found a description on the internet but could not find it listed on Forespar’s website. I called Forespar and was informed they discontinued the minigalley 2000 about ten years ago. The only option would be to find a used one somewhere. I found one listed for sale on ebay. Fortuitously, a member of SSCA, where I had also posted my query, was willing to sell me her old minigalley 2000. My problem is solved! Thanks to all who took the time to respond. I appreciate your helpfulness!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search