Tips or advice?

Author
Knightstar
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I 'm now in Raiatea, (near Tahiti) French Polynesian preparing to sail with my friend on a Swan 46 to New Zealand, our plan is to depart mid October latest and head for Tonga and then onto NZ.
Has anyone any tips or advice to pass on?
fgrennie
fgrennie
New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
If you look at Cruising Conversations under links to members blog sites look for Ian Johnstone who has recently completed the trip and Sue and Andy Warman who are about to leave Tahiti for New Zealand.
Daria Blackwell
Daria Blackwell
I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)
Group: Administrators
Knightstar - I posted your note on the OCC Facebook page and these are responses posted there.

Spruce Ohlson We are currently in Tongatapu and heading south to NZ in a couple of days. Only advice would be to hurry up as cyclone season is drawing close. You can clear in to Tonga in Neiafu (Vava 'u), Pangai (Ha 'Apai) or Nukualofa (Tongatapu).
6 hours ago · Like

David Bridges Did this same trip in 2001 via Nukualofa & North Minerva Reef.....and sailed between NZ & the tropics for a total of 5 trips......best advice I have is on the leg south to NZ carry all of the fuel you can & keep up your speed in light weather, don 't mess around because heavy frontal weather comes regularly so the less time you are out there then the less likelihood you are to get caught in the headwinds. Enjoy!

Vice Commodore, OCC 
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search