Request for info: St Petersburg-Murmansk/Tromsoe

Author
Daria Blackwell
I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)
Group: Administrators
Dear Friends,

We are now in the Baltic with Cérès where we will spend the next two Summers. We are then planning to leave the Baltic sea during the Summer 2016-2017 via St-Petersburg and Murmansk to sail to Tromsoe. I understand that a number of fellow members of the club have sailed that route in both directions.

I would be very keen to get into contact with some of them in order to gather information about this passage.

Would you be kind enough to help me find these contacts?

Best regards

Thierry Courvoisier
--
-----------------------------------------------------------
Thierry Courvoisier

WebPage: http://lacouronnette.ch/

Vice Commodore, OCC 
vallentine
vallentine
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello Thierry
I 'm one. I 'd recommend bypassing Murmansk and departing Russia at Archangel 'sk. Many yachts have had serious bureaucratic issues at Murmansk and it just isn 't worth the hassle.
Drop me a line at jvallentine@gmail.com if you 'd like to discuss things further. Or have a look at our trip blog at www.tainui.org

Fair winds

John Vallentine
Williwaw
Williwaw
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I sailed St Petersburg to Norway in 2011 and had planned to depart Russia at Murmansk but the Border Control officials at Archangelsk advised clearing out there because Murmansk is very bureaucratic and under strong military control.

I accepted their opinion but said it was a pity because I would have to go into international waters for the passage to Norway whereas I had hoped to make a coastal passage. Immediately they contacted the Coastguard and got me special permission to sail inshore. The Coastguard also said I could day sail and anchor at night, provided I always told the coastguard patrol ship where I wanted to stop. I anchored three times with their permission after leaving the White Sea.

I am now back in the Baltic, wintering near Stockholm, after winters near Tromsoe and in Denmark. Email me if you wish and do contact our St Petersburg port officer, Vladimir Ivankiv, for the latest information about the inland waters.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search