Mustang PFD

Author
Daria Blackwell
I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)
Group: Administrators
MUSTANG SURVIVAL ISSUES VOLUNTARY RECALL NOTICE ON MD2010 & MD2012 model 22LB Inflatable Personal Flotation Devices

In keeping with Mustang Survival’s commitment to the highest levels of product quality and safety, we are voluntarily recalling all model number MD2010 and MD2012 inflatable Personal Flotation Devices (PFD’s) sold in the United States during 2011. To determine if you are impacted by this recall please reference the images below:

Image 1)   Any inflatable product with multiple white sewn on safety labels on the back is OK and is not affected by this recall
Image 2)   If your inflatable does not have white sewn on safety labels, please check for model number MD2010 or MD2012 on the back of the PFD then refer to Image 3.
Image 3)   MD2010/MD2012 models with an “MIT” (Membrane Inflatable Technology) stamp (in black or color) above the CO2 cylinder is OK.
Any MD2010/MD2012 missing the “MIT” stamp should be returned to Mustang

Image 1
Product with white labels are not part of this recall   Image 2
Check for the model number on the back of the PFD above the UL log   Image 3
Any MD2010 or MD2012 with an “MIT” stamp is OK to use and does not need to be returned

This recall is being issued for the inspection and repair of an inflator installation inconsistency that may prevent some units from fully inflating. Mustang Survival has developed a solution that corrects any affected product and prevents re-occurrence of this issue. The inspection and repair can only be performed at a Mustang Survival factory.

This recall notification is for only the MD2010 and MD2012 22LB buoyancy inflatable PFDs. No other Mustang Survival products are affected as they utilize different inflator mechanisms.

All MD2010 and MD2012 PFD’s without the stamped MIT logo as shown in Image 3 (above) should be returned to Mustang Survival for inspection. All other Mustang PFD’s are okay for use.

Distributors and consumers are urged to contact Mustang Survival’s Customer Service department at 1-800-526-0532 between 7:30am and 4:30pm PST, Monday through Friday for specific shipping instructions. If you have questions, please first refer to the Frequently Asked Questions below.r website at www.mustangsurvival.com/22lb-product-notice

Vice Commodore, OCC 
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search