Cuba - best places to cruise

Author
archive
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello - I would like to visit Cuba next year - March/April time. Please can anyone who has been in the last few years help me with advice on places to visit.

Zenara is 72 feet long - draws 2.6m or 8.5 feet

We want to find the best places to explore in Cuba - and I originally thought of cruising the south coast, arriving from the Eastern Caribbean, probably the BVIs and then sailing round to Havana before heading north and east to Bermuda to do a transit.

However, looking at guides and taking some advice I suspect it makes more sense to start in Bahia de Vita and cruise the north coast slowly towards Havana.

Has anyone any advice for me - as I plan my itinerary please?
fgrennie
fgrennie
New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)
Check out Noonsite.com for the latest updates on Cuba. I have not sailed to Cuba but have been on holiday there and it is a beautiful country to visit. We do have a port officer in Havana do not miss out on a visit to Trinidad a lovely coastal town.

I found the people to be very friendly and interesting.
patrick
patrick
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Hi

Ive posted on facebook. If you can work it with your draft, you must go. It s one of our fave cruising destinations ever but does depend on your outlook on life and cruising in general. Fantastic people, unspoilt anchorages and beautiful scenery and culture. Not easy, but if you arent in a hurry and enjoy people, then its a dream.

patrick and sinead
archive
archive
Thank you - yes noonsite is good - and thank you yes awaiting a reply from Hemingway marina - no substitute for talking to anyone who has been there - so all help much appreciated :)
archive
archive
Thanks - do you have an email address I can use for you please?
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search