Swivel recalls

Author
Daria Blackwell
I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)
Group: Administrators
Quickline, an importer of marine gear and accessory products, announced a total recall of Boyut Marine-manufactured UFS8 Ultra Flip Swivels designed for use with 1/4-inch and 5/16-inch anchor chains.
Produced between June 2009 and October 2010, the UFS8 is easy to identify. All recalled units have a molded eagle on the side of the swivel. Non-recalled units, produced prior to June 2009 and after October 2010 have a smooth body and finish.

All other Ultra Flip Swivels - the UFS6, UFS10, UFS13 and larger sizes - are not affected by the recall.

"Simply put, the UFS8 swivels do not meet Quickline 's high quality standards and strength requirements," Quickline USA president Randy Boelsems said in a statement. "Thus we are replacing every unit that we have sold to our customers, as their satisfaction and safety are paramount."

http://insidepracticalsailor.com/quickline-recalls-cast-stainless-steel-flip-swivels/

Vice Commodore, OCC 
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search