Request for photos of whales

Author
Daria Blackwell
I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)
Group: Administrators
Dr Conor Ryan, author of a major study about humpback whales in Irish waters, has expanded his research and is requesting assistance from OCC members who may have photos of humpback whales in North Atlantic waters. Please see below.

About the study: http://www.iwdg.ie/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=2542:iwdg-publish-research-on-humpback-whales-in-ireland

From Dr. Ryan:
I would be very interested in analysing any photographs of humpback whale tail flukes / dorsal fins from the North Atlantic. I could try and match them to several catalogues, myself or with the help of colleagues (in Cape Verde, Ireland, Norway, Azores, Mediterranean Sea, West Indies, Gulf of Maine, Newfoundland, Svalbard, Greenland). If I have learned anything in the last 10 years of research, it is that we should leave no stone unturned... every scrap of evidence is a potentially important part of the jigsaw.

Dr Conor Ryan
Sightings and Strandings Officer
Hebridean Whale and Dolphin Trust
p: +44 (0)1688 302620
w: www.hwdt.org
t: @HWDT_org
a: 28 Main Street,
Tobermory,
Isle of Mull,
Scotland PA75 6NU

Vice Commodore, OCC 
GO