Schengen for Non-EU residents

Author
Bill Balme
Gaining Respect (185 reputation)Gaining Respect (185 reputation)Gaining Respect (185 reputation)Gaining Respect (185 reputation)Gaining Respect (185 reputation)Gaining Respect (185 reputation)Gaining Respect (185 reputation)Gaining Respect (185 reputation)Gaining Respect (185 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
We're in Portugal now - where the immigration authorities has made all temporary visas good until March 31st - without need to file an extension. This is all Covid related so not a general rule. We're hoping it might get extended again in view of the recent covid increases...

Bill Balme
s/v Toodle-oo!

adrianbiggs
adrianbiggs
New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)
Tunisia is another p-lace to restart the 180/90 day European rule
Dick
Dick
Forum Expert (897 reputation)Forum Expert (897 reputation)Forum Expert (897 reputation)Forum Expert (897 reputation)Forum Expert (897 reputation)Forum Expert (897 reputation)Forum Expert (897 reputation)Forum Expert (897 reputation)Forum Expert (897 reputation)
adrianbiggs - 2 Dec 2022
Tunisia is another p-lace to restart the 180/90 day European rule

Hi Bill,
Smir, Morocco, is a stop that is easy and gets the boat and you out of the EU. There is easy bus service into the interior and the mountains.
My best, Dick Stevenson, s/v Alchemy

Colin.Mills
Colin.Mills
New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)
In May 2022 I set off from Southern Ireland for Northern Spain. I travelled down the Portuguese coast, to Porto Santo, Madeira and Gran Canaria. Not once was I asked to check into the Schengen area. All they wanted was my registration, insurance and passport details which were passed to the police.

Before leaving Ireland, I contacted the Vigo port authority about Schengen. This was their response.

Good morning, Mr. Mills

It does not make any difference at all. You must proceed as previously mentioned.

You should provide the data to the marina where you are calling and they will send it to the Immigration Police. It continues to be recreational navigation and therefore under the protection of what is included in the Schengen border code in section 3.2.4 of ANNEX VI

Best regards,
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search