February Fun... Sailing Rallies - Forums 2015

Author
Daria Blackwell
I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)
Group: Administrators
There are limited spaces left for both 2015 Forums, so please call or email us to reserve your place asap: info@sailingrallies.com or 0845 257 5004

Baltic Forum - 28th February
Find out what cruising in the Baltic Sea is really like (not quite Caribbean temperatures, but make sure you bring your swimmers), how to prepare for the trip, how to get your boat there – and back. Learn more about what the Southern Baltic cruising ground has to offer; beautiful scenery, old Hanseatic cities, quiet fishing harbours, bustling local towns and some great beaches all with a different culture and cuisine.

At this year’s forum we are looking forward to welcoming Yachting Monthly’s technical expert Vyv Cox, Martin Edge, author of “Bobbing to the Baltic”, Jens Masuch from the Baltic South Coast initiative, as well as our returning industry professionals from Topsail Insurance, PYD professional yacht deliveries and Suffolk Marine Safety.

The day’s schedule will include sessions on safety, engine maintenance, insurance, yacht delivery, Swedish & Finnish archipelagos, the southern Baltic, weather and other considerations when cruising in the Baltic Sea. In addition to this there will be detailed information on crossing the North Sea and the Kiel Kanal, provisioning and mooring in the Baltic, the rally route and top tips on things to do whilst you’re there.

Cost: £30 per person for the day. Morning coffee, light buffet lunch, afternoon tea with home-made cake included.

Venue: Harlequin House, 7 High Street, Teddington, Middlesex, TW11 8EE. Free parking and easy access to transport links.

Transatlantic Forum - 28th & 29th March

An informative & fun weekend covering preparation, planning and what you are likely to experience during an Atlantic crossing. Whether you are planning to sail the Atlantic this year, next year or if you have only just started dreaming about it – the Transatlantic forum will provide expert advice and plenty of hints and tips on how to make your trip a success.

Topics will include weather & routing, safety, power management, insurance, an interactive communications session, provisioning, crew dynamics and health factors, the trip south and getting to the Canaries, downwind sailing and emergency management.

As always we will have our resident experts on hand to discuss and answer questions on all ocean sailing related matters. The forums are designed to be as interactive as possible so as well as hearing from our experts there is plenty of time to quiz them on any questions you might have, meet other rally participants and get involved with testing out some of the latest yacht systems.

Cost: £100 for the whole weekend, or £60 per day. Morning coffee, light buffet lunch, afternoon tea with cake included on both days.

Venue: Harlequin House, 7 High Street, Teddington, Middlesex, TW11 8EE. Free parking and easy access to transport links.

We are pleased to announce a new partnership with Suffolk Marine Safety, where all rally participants will receive:
o   5% off all safety products
o   10% off all flares (& disposal of flares)
o   12.5% off liferaft servicing

Suffolk Marine Safety is a liferaft Servicing Station with over 30 years experience. Despite the name they collect and service liferatfs right along the South Coast, to Kent as well as East Anglia. Their services include liferaft hire and servicing, lifejacket servicing, inflatable tender repairs and RIB repairs.

Lastly...28th February = Deadline for earlybird entries!

Interested in the CCR, Antigua 2 Falmouth or Baltic 4 Nations this year? For discounts on entry fees get in touch now and register your place on these events.

Spied! The SRL team waiting patiently in Nelson 's Dockyard for Penn Er Karreg during the CCR 2014. Thanks (we think) to Hans on French Kiss for sending this to us!

We are always around for a chat, so if there 's anything at all you would like to know about our events (or us) then please give us a call or email anytime. We 'd be delighted to hear from you!
Tel: +44(0)845 257 5004
Email: info@sailingrallies.com

Facebook
Twitter
Google Plus    
Pinterest

Copyright © 2015 Sailing Rallies, All rights reserved.

[attachment=187]ForumFlyer_03.pdf[/attachment]

Vice Commodore, OCC 
Attachments
ForumFlyer_03.pdf (273 views, 1.00 MB)
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search