New Passport Rules in Turkey as of 1st Jan 2015

Author
Daria Blackwell
I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)
Group: Administrators
Travelers planning to visit Turkey should be aware of new passport rules. Foreign travelers entering Turkey, must hold passports valid for at least 60 days from the date of expiry of a traveler’s visa, visa exemption period or residency permit to be able to enter the country before Dec. 31. For example, a traveler leaving Turkey on Aug. 29, should hold a passport that is valid until at least Oct 20.

Beginning Jan. 1, 2015, passports must be valid for at least 60 days from the date of expiry of a traveler’s visa, visa exemption period or residency permit to be able to enter the country. For example, a traveler with a visa expiry date of May 20, 2015, must hold a passport that is valid at least until July 20, 2015.

Travelers who do not meet the new requirements, will not be allowed to enter Turkey.

Vice Commodore, OCC 
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search