Automatic personal AIS for MOB SAR

Author
Daria Blackwell
I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)I'm hooked (492 reputation)
Group: Administrators
Organisers of the Clipper Race have revealed the development of a new automatically activated AIS beacon. "After close collaboration and intense development between the Clipper Race team, technology partner Spinnaker International and McMurdo Group, I am glad to say that we now have a prototype, using the McMurdo AIS Beacon and will be making sea trials in mid-April.

Vice Commodore, OCC 
Simon Currin
Simon Currin
Forum Expert (610 reputation)Forum Expert (610 reputation)Forum Expert (610 reputation)Forum Expert (610 reputation)Forum Expert (610 reputation)Forum Expert (610 reputation)Forum Expert (610 reputation)Forum Expert (610 reputation)Forum Expert (610 reputation)
Group: Administrators
http://www.nautiluslifeline.com/

Just bought a couple of these great MOB devices primarily designed for divers and so cheaper than sailing equivalents. The Nautilus Life Line is a marine rescue GPS for divers so it is waterproof to 150 metres, very rugged, very compact and buoyant. It can be programmed with an App so that it remembers your boat's MMSI.

When triggered it sets off a strobe, acquires a gps position, sends a DSC emergency message to your ship's VHF (thus alerting your crew) and broadcasts an AIS signal that can be received by any AIS equipped vessel within VHF range. All this for £145 on Amazon. See www.nautiluslifeline.com for details. Takes camera lithium batteries (CR123) with a 9 year shelf life. Hope never to use it.
Simon
edited by simoncurrin on 6/28/2017
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Login

Search