Group: Forum Members
To all those who have circumnavigated the world:
The OCC is pulling together an official OCC Circumnavigator’s Roll, to recognise those of our members who have completed a World circumnavigation. This will be published in the Members Handbook and on the OCC website, and announced in the eBulletin and Newsletter and on the OCC facebook page.
In order for this to become a fully comprehensive listing of all OCC members who have completed a world circumnavigation, we obviously need your help! There are many OCC members who are no longer with us, for one reason or another, and we’d appreciate your assistance in providing either details of a trip and/or contact details for the person involved, if possible.
At the bottom of this note is a list of the information that we would like to have. We’d appreciate it if you could return the same to us, for each circumnavigation if multiple have been made, to Chris & Fiona Jones (Three Ships: email firstname.lastname@example.org) who will collate it all.
Also listed are the criteria by which a World Circumnavigation will be assessed: please take careful note of this before sending your info in.
Addition to the OCC Circumnavigation Roll shall be earned
• By an OCC member (who had become a member before the end of the voyage)
• for one continuous circumnavigation of the world,
• which crosses all meridians,
• is completed entirely on water,
• in the same vessel of no more than 70 feet LOA.
• While there is no time restriction on the total time taken, the applicant must have personally sailed on the circumnavigating boat for all legs.
The circumnavigation is deemed complete once the vessel crosses its outgoing track or returns to its original departure point, having met the above condition.
1. Name of Boat and length overall
2. Name of circumnavigator and position aboard
3. Nationality and OCC membership joining date
4. Start and finish dates of circumnavigation
5. Start and finish location, or start and point at which outgoing track was crossed
6. Route taken
7. Total distance covered in nautical miles
8. Email to Chris & Fi Jones: email@example.com
Many thanks for your co-operation,
RegRear Commodore, GB (Awards)
Vice Commodore, OCC