Outbound 44

Author
Bill Balme
Gaining Respect (185 reputation)Gaining Respect (185 reputation)Gaining Respect (185 reputation)Gaining Respect (185 reputation)Gaining Respect (185 reputation)Gaining Respect (185 reputation)Gaining Respect (185 reputation)Gaining Respect (185 reputation)Gaining Respect (185 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Our Outbound 44, "Toodle-oo!" is set to become our home 4 weeks from now - as we finally managed to unload our house in this rotten American housing market!

We bought Toodle-oo! last year after having lusted after Outbounds for some time. Her main attributes:

Solidly built in China at the same factory that makes Passport Yachts
Good tankage - 200 gals of Water, 160 gals fuel.
All tankage below decks - allowing trully excellent storage opportunity under all seats.
A simple 2 berth 1 head layout - perfect for us
A sail locker (doubling up as watertight compartment) up front - keeping wet sails out of the body of the boat
A workshop arrangement aft of the salon, with a cockpit locker allowing full standing in the workshop (when the weather is OK) - and this keeps Billy 's tools from ending up in the salon (at least that 's the theory)
She 's fast with a long (40ft+) waterline
Swim platform allowing easy access from the rear
Very comfortable and seaworthy cockpit - you feel safe in rough seas - and won 't fall off when you have one too many!
Easy to singlehand with main winches right beside the helm
She sails very upright - having a huge bulb keel helps

The company is still making Outbounds and Phil Lambert is extremely helpful to all questions from new idiot owners like myself (even though my boat is secondhand).

What 's missing? Would have been really nice to have a hard dodger/sprayhood (I gather there 's an option now).

Bill Balme
s/v Toodle-oo!
Outbound 44 #27

[attachment=13]Christmas.jpg[/attachment]

Bill Balme
s/v Toodle-oo!

Attachments
Christmas.jpg (293 views, 31.00 KB)
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...